Imagine a career where your skills and creativity can redefine math education around the world. MIND Research Institute is dedicated to research on learning and the brain and the application of this research to the development of effective math education programs. MIND's uniquely visual math education process engages the learner's spatial-temporal reasoning abilities to explain, understand, and solve multi-step problems.
We are currently seeking a talented, innovative and motivated web developer to add to our engineering team. This candidate will be responsible for architectural design and development of the web stack of new or enhanced software products. Designs and develops architectural framework and SDKs ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms for all web application projects. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Research and implement best practices frameworks/capability models that will control costs, provide higher quality, and/or increase predictability of service delivery. Research new technology and development tools to remain abreast of current and emerging technology.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Can you solve almost any development problem with the right code?
- Would you consider yourself a self starter with excellent time management, organization, and ability to work under pressure?
- Would you consider yourself a web development guru?
- Are you passionate about different technologies and teaching math with the products you design?
- Do you pride yourself in being able to foster an atmosphere of autonomy and trust where candid feedback is welcomed in the quest for continuous improvement?
- Does your work reflect your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion?
Did you answer, Yes! or even, Absolutely! to all of the above? Great! Lets get down to specifics.
Our ideal candidate will have:
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Implement web application features in a brand-new educational product targeting student, teacher, and administrator roles
- Provide guidance and leadership to QA team on application UI test coverage
- Create progressive web applications that are mobile-first and offline-first
- Use the Nuxt framework to deliver amazing user experiences for kids and adults
- Create animations in SVG, DOM and Canvas, knowing when to use one over the other
- Create progressive web application configurations that leverage service workers and facilitate offline operation
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web capable devices and browsers
- Participate in an agile development process and collaborate with services and web development teams
- Communicates technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, and Confluence pages
- Mentors other engineers via pairing, design and code reviews
- Communicates effectively across functions; is able to work well with Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Data Analytics and others as necessary
- Proactively identifies problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) for their own work and adjacent work, and communicates these issues early to help course-correct
- Be able to work in many areas of the codebase with some initial guidance
- Able to cope with difficult diagnosis challenges
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, and able to understand our infrastructure and build and delivery systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with front end UI frameworks
- Experience in working with web services
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, and usability
- Experience in developing highly interactive web applications that work across desktop and mobile browsers
- Experience working with Jira, GitHub, or other software life cycle management tools
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in unit, CI and automation testing for JS
- Experience with Continuous Integration services like TravisCI
- Experience in Nuxt JS and its core principles
- Experience in using Selenium WebDriver HTML5 with focus on cross-browser (PC and Mobile Devices) compatible web applications a plus
- Experience with CSS frameworks and tools like Bootstrap, SASS, LESS, or PostCSS
- Experience with code quality tools like Doc Generators, Flow and Typescript
- Familiarity with unit tests and test tools like Mocha, Jasmine, and Karma
- Familiarity with dependency managers and build tools like npm, bower, webpack, grunt and gulp
After reading about the opportunity on our team, are you more excited than you were before? If so, this probably means that you have a web developer ground and are extremely comfortable with the tools of the trade. Still saying Yes!? Then we absolutely want to talk with you!
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and will be remote, but could requires travel to the Irvine office 2-3x a year. It is also important to be comfortable turning on your webcam to build a rapport, even from a distance.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
KidPass has a newly created opportunity for an Engineer II to join our growing team! This role will report into our New York office in a hybrid capacity or remote based in select US locations* or in Ontario, Canada.KidPass, a BEGiN Company, is the leading marketplace for parents.
We're growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for experienced senior developers for our IAM Federations team. The team is responsible for handling the relationship between Auth0 and Identity Providers, such as Social (Google or Facebook among others) and Enterprise providers (
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
At Imaginary Cloud, we believe technology should improve and simplify people's lives. We are a Software Development and UX/UI Design company that follows a unique user-centric Product Design Process. We helped build and launch more than 200 web & mobile applications worldwide
DEVELOPER ADVOCATE (TOOLS AND CLOUD SERVICES)SummaryThe Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Developer Advocate to join our team, reporting to the Manager of Developer Advocacy in the Technology department. As a Developer Advocate, you will be part of a multifunctional team supp
More jobs by this company
Are you ready to make a difference? At MIND we are passionate about achieving our mission of ensuring all students are mathematically equipped to solve the worlds most challenging problems. To achieve this mission, we are looking for a highly effective Salesforce Administrator re