Full-Stack Software Engineer - United States
We are seeking a Software Engineer to help us develop the entertainment industry's most advanced production finance application. This role requires excellent engineering talent. You will work closely with the product design team to move rapidly from concept to execution. If you are passionate about what you do, we want to meet you. If you feel that if a task isn't done well, it's not worth doing at all, you will be working with people who feel the exact same way at GreenSlate.
WHO WE ARE
GreenSlate is the fastest-growing provider of technology and business solutions for media productions. We provide the most advanced technology for production accounting and entertainment payroll. Our innovative cloud-based platform is evolving the entertainment industry's back-office by replacing inefficient paper-based processes with digital solutions. The studios, film franchises, independent producers, and content creators we serve benefit from greater efficiencies, better access to data, and cost savings, and they minimize their impact on the environment. GreenSlate offers a full range of payroll, software application, production accounting, tax credit management, ACA compliance & benefits, production insurance, and consulting services. To learn more about the productions we partner with, please visit gslate.com.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT
- A fast-paced development backed by a solid SDLC - branching, pull requests, CI, and QA.
- Having every pull request thoughtfully code reviewed by a peer before being merged.
- A focus on SOLID principles, best practices, and software craftsmanship.
- Participating in daily stand-ups (including NYC, LA, and Costa Rica).
- Pair programming, code reviews, and collaboration.
- An extensive onboarding covering our company, technologies, architecture, and practices.
- Access to continued online learning via platforms like PluralSight.
- Frequent technical learning sessions to advance your engineering skills.
- Managers who are all former engineers.
- Working with a fully responsive, single-page-application (SPA) powered by a RESTful API.
- Exercising Test-driven-development (TDD) for relevant functionality.
- A modern MVVM front-end framework forked from Knockout.js and being migrated to React.js.
- Opportunity to create architecture documents for new features, and have them reviewed by senior team members, prior to development. We are software engineers, not just developers.
- Great leadership, which cares about technical debt, software architecture, and code quality.
- Participate in the development of an enterprise application built on MS SQL, Dapper, Entity Framework, .NET API, TypeScript, Kendo UI, LESS, and MVVM.
- Have technical ownership over part of an entire application revolutionizing the content production industry.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Brilliance and passion for software craftsmanship
- A sense of humor and a friendly personality
- Professionalism and maturity
- A solid work ethic and tenacity, enthusiasm for technical challenges
- Must have strong understanding of OOP and SOLID principles, ideally with experience in:
- C# or Java
- Relational databases (MS SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Ideally have experience with:
- ORMs & Repositories
- Dependency Injection & Unit Testing / TDD
- MVVM front-end frameworks & TypeScript
- Git & Branching Strategies
WHAT WILL YOU GET
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to make a difference in a dynamic environment
- The opportunity to be a part of a growing, fast paced team
GREENSLATE - SIZZLE REEL
Get to know us by watching our sizzle reel!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
Headquartered in Southern California, Entertainment Works (eworksinc.com) is an international market research provider with an emphasis in the entertainment industry.We are seeking an organized, upbeat, ethical, and capable person to fill the role of Remote I.T. Assistant. This p
ABOUT US:Foreground is a platform of products that connects families and individuals with world-class photographers. The Foreground family of brands helps photographers and photo consumers create memories that last a lifetime by giving them access to tremendous software, professi
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for a few software engineers to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers on our team.The Communities team is working on a series of products, a
LOCATION: RemoteIt was recently announced that our Questar team will be joining forces with NWEA's state division in early 2022, see the press release here(https://www.nwea.org/news-center/news-center/nwea-acquires-assets-from-ets-and-questar-expanding-opportunity-to-provide-stat