We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 12 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
What you’ll do
- Feel responsible for what you do - strong sense of ownership: You build it, you test it, you run it, you deploy it, and you support it.
- Produce rock-solid code and able to work un-supervised with a "can do" attitude with that extra mile to ensure that what is delivered to the technical and business stakeholders is above and beyond their expectations.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where priority changes occur often - be agile while hiking around waterfalls.
- Perform effective code reviews. Lead the development of high-quality software used by our teams, merchants and customers.
- Manage a backlog of features, bugs and technical debt and effectively manage priority. Help support the diagnosis of production issues when they happen.
- Explore new technologies and share your findings with the wider engineering teams Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Identify and remediate pain points in the application/development lifecycle
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability.
- React! We are using React to build everything. Phased Code splitting, and partial hydration are expecting you.
- TypeScript + JSDoc. We believe that TypeScript and a healthy amount of JSDoc creates more friendly environment for everyone.
- Cypress or other testing frameworks. You know - everything should be tested. We need it, we love it, it's a must have.
- SSR + SPA – A solid understanding of how SSR works and can be implemented
- Component Driven Structure. We follow the Component Driven approach and are obsessed with Visual Regression tests with storybook.
- HTML + CSS. We don't just want a CCS Guru but would be great to see experience in grid/adaptive/responsible/semantic.
Bonus points for
- Redux. We are not using Redux much, but any experience with state management is valuable.
- CloudFlare – We use Cloudflare a bunch, don’t need to be an expert, but know your way around.
- BEM. We actually do use BEM approach.
- Experience contributing to mainstream open-source projects.
- Working on search engine frontend development.
- Understanding of analytics services such as NewRelic, Segment, Amplitude etc
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- Paid birthday and volunteering leave
- Mental health and wellbeing program
- Virtual yoga and meditation classes
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Remote working allowance
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
KidPass has a newly created opportunity for an Engineer II to join our growing team! This role will report into our New York office in a hybrid capacity or remote based in select US locations* or in Ontario, Canada.KidPass, a BEGiN Company, is the leading marketplace for parents.
We're growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for experienced senior developers for our IAM Federations team. The team is responsible for handling the relationship between Auth0 and Identity Providers, such as Social (Google or Facebook among others) and Enterprise providers (
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
At Imaginary Cloud, we believe technology should improve and simplify people's lives. We are a Software Development and UX/UI Design company that follows a unique user-centric Product Design Process. We helped build and launch more than 200 web & mobile applications worldwide
DEVELOPER ADVOCATE (TOOLS AND CLOUD SERVICES)SummaryThe Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Developer Advocate to join our team, reporting to the Manager of Developer Advocacy in the Technology department. As a Developer Advocate, you will be part of a multifunctional team supp