The Software Developer Lead position reports to the Sr. Director, Software Engineering, and is responsible for the development and support of applications leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas to help build a robust, scalable and reliable platform.
You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with passionate leaders on challenging topics.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability and fully own the delivery of the product.
As Software Developer Lead, you will:
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation on solutions developed including design specifications.
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications programs.
- Layout technical vision for the team and lead the design for the product while ensuring high-quality development.
- Leverage modern cloud-first technologies to create efficient and performant processes.
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization.
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software tools to platform development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years' experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability, and resilience.
- Experienced knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues.
- Deep understanding of issues involved in delivering, deploying and supporting an integrated suite of products.
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud Eco System.
- Proficient in CI/CD process and tools preferred.
- Proficient in PHP and other backend technologies.
- Proficient in Database technologies. Preference for MySQL
- Proficient in mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Knowledge and experience working in payments industry preferred.
- An advanced understanding of processes and practices which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, security, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Distributed systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software deployment: 1 year (Preferred)
- AWS: 2 years (Preferred)
- CI/CD: 2 years (Preferred)
- PHP: 3 years (Preferred)
- MySQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- mobile development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
Headquartered in Southern California, Entertainment Works (eworksinc.com) is an international market research provider with an emphasis in the entertainment industry.We are seeking an organized, upbeat, ethical, and capable person to fill the role of Remote I.T. Assistant. This p
ABOUT US:Foreground is a platform of products that connects families and individuals with world-class photographers. The Foreground family of brands helps photographers and photo consumers create memories that last a lifetime by giving them access to tremendous software, professi
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for a few software engineers to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers on our team.The Communities team is working on a series of products, a
LOCATION: RemoteIt was recently announced that our Questar team will be joining forces with NWEA's state division in early 2022, see the press release here(https://www.nwea.org/news-center/news-center/nwea-acquires-assets-from-ets-and-questar-expanding-opportunity-to-provide-stat