Engineering at Swiftly
About the Role
Swiftly's office is located in San Francisco, CA. We are open to local or US based remote hires for this role. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. #LI-Remote
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and fellow engineers to build products that delight our customers
- Validate feasibility of cloud-based voice and text communications solutions by suggesting technologies and building prototypes to test and evaluate them
- Partner with your teammates to build production-quality cloud-based SaaS applications
- Help your team make progress on our product vision by delivering incremental value — anticipating dependencies and breaking down work into smaller batches — and then identifying and improving bottlenecks as our data volume grows
- Seek feedback on system designs by identifying technical tradeoffs, presenting proposed solutions in a clear way, and documenting decisions
- Strive to embody software best practices in your work and proliferate them through teamwork, mentoring, and code reviews
- Apply principles of observability to ensure communications systems remain highly available with a low mean-time-to-recovery by incorporating monitoring, logging, alerting and metrics displayed in-product
You'd be a good fit if...
- You have 3+ years of software engineering experience
- You have experience building real-time voice/text communications into a product or platform (e.g. using WebRTC and/or platforms like Twilio)
- You've worked with a modern frontend framework (e.g. Vue, React) with some exposure to mobile development
- Bonus if you have experience building the backend layer of real-time systems (e.g. WebSockets, publish/subscribe systems, inter-process communication such as gRPC, APIs, etc.)
- You are excited to be part of a mission-driven company. Regardless of your why, it is important that you care about the work we do.
- You embrace a mindset of continuous learning – helping both yourself and those around you adapt as technology constantly evolves
- You love solving problems and are able to learn in a self-directed way through reading documentation, trial-and-error, etc.
- You are a dynamic team player and seek to make valuable contributions wherever it is most-needed at any given time to support your team's goals
- You’re open to receiving feedback (a core Swiftly value!), approach technical debates with humility, and participate in blameless postmortems when things go wrong
- Bonus if familiar with our tech stack (see below)
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
Remote Front End Developer (JB1216)Location: Fully Remote, ideally candidates should be living in a UCT +3 or -3 time zone or similarDuration: PermanentSalary: The salary is presented in USD and negotiated on your desired salaryAfter successfully developing and growing a company.
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of te
Headquartered in Southern California, Entertainment Works (eworksinc.com) is an international market research provider with an emphasis in the entertainment industry.We are seeking an organized, upbeat, ethical, and capable person to fill the role of Remote I.T. Assistant. This p
ABOUT US:Foreground is a platform of products that connects families and individuals with world-class photographers. The Foreground family of brands helps photographers and photo consumers create memories that last a lifetime by giving them access to tremendous software, professi