Vidyard helps businesses and professionals connect with their audiences in a whole new way through engaging, personalized, and measurable video experiences. Through its global video hosting and analytics platform, Vidyard empowers businesses from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to transform their approach to marketing, sales, and corporate communications. Through its free and pro tools, Vidyard helps any business professional create and share custom videos to deliver their message in a more personal and impactful way. Thousands of businesses and millions of people around the world rely on Vidyard for their video needs.
Vidyard is looking for a senior-level Software Engineer to join our growing team and play a critical role as we continue to build and improve our platform. Do you care about the quality of features and code you create? Do you work collaboratively to take problems apart and make them solvable? Then we want to hear from you!
This is a remote position.
See Remote @ Vidyard for details
What you’ll do:
- Work with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers and product managers to solve customer problems and deliver amazing software
- Learn from technical leads and mentor intermediate and junior developers
- Contribute code to projects, review code, and have a large engineering wide impact doing things such as architecting core services, developing internal tools, maintaining repositories, and leading technology guilds,
- Spend your “30% time” developing yourself as a software engineer, refactoring code, and experimenting
- Learn and apply new technologies to relentlessly drive yourself, and our platform, forward
What you’ll get to work with:
- Version control - e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Modern front-end stacks - e.g. Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience architecting microservice infrastructures
- Distributed computing concerns such as message queues and pub/sub
- Operational concerns such as monitoring and logging
Our engineering team is composed of generalists who lean to either front-end or back-end development while maintaining a working knowledge of the full-stack.
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. In partnership with Sterling Capital, we also offer a competitive benefits package to all of our Vidyardians located in America through Aetna.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. No matter where you are in the world, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
Headquartered in Southern California, Entertainment Works (eworksinc.com) is an international market research provider with an emphasis in the entertainment industry.We are seeking an organized, upbeat, ethical, and capable person to fill the role of Remote I.T. Assistant. This p
ABOUT US:Foreground is a platform of products that connects families and individuals with world-class photographers. The Foreground family of brands helps photographers and photo consumers create memories that last a lifetime by giving them access to tremendous software, professi
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for a few software engineers to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers on our team.The Communities team is working on a series of products, a
LOCATION: RemoteIt was recently announced that our Questar team will be joining forces with NWEA's state division in early 2022, see the press release here(https://www.nwea.org/news-center/news-center/nwea-acquires-assets-from-ets-and-questar-expanding-opportunity-to-provide-stat