- Lead a team of Software Engineers in working collaboratively with other technology teams and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Perform design and analysis for deliverables. Lead multi-team design sessions.
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts.
- Lead analysis and general architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions.
- Lead committees or projects to help define organization-wide standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs to rapidly develop basic application solutions.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Drive a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption with emphasis on quality and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Six years of experience with database design techniques/philosophies, modern distributed applications, and microservices
- Four years of experience in delivery of large-scale design projects involving interaction with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Two years of experience in architecting, building, and administering big data and real-time streaming analytics architecture in both premises and cloud environments
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with modern UI development frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js) and web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, and influence at all levels
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Creative analytical thinker
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Understanding of data mapping and ETL
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The salary for this position generally ranges between $111,000-$155,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an annual bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 15.0%.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Moderate travel
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
As a Software Developer, you will be using your object-oriented development expertise and database knowledge to help us build upon our platforms to provide first class enterprise software to our diverse base of clients and partners in the speech and voice of the customer analytic
Headquartered in Southern California, Entertainment Works (eworksinc.com) is an international market research provider with an emphasis in the entertainment industry.We are seeking an organized, upbeat, ethical, and capable person to fill the role of Remote I.T. Assistant. This p
ABOUT US:Foreground is a platform of products that connects families and individuals with world-class photographers. The Foreground family of brands helps photographers and photo consumers create memories that last a lifetime by giving them access to tremendous software, professi
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for a few software engineers to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers on our team.The Communities team is working on a series of products, a
More jobs by this company
ResponsibilitiesWork collaboratively with other development staff, including contract and offshore Software Engineers, and business product owners in an agile environment.Code, test, identify, implement, and document solutions to business challenges utilizing web and cloud techno
ResponsibilitiesLead analysis and complex architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions; translate architectural guidance into detailed technical design. Lead committees or projects to help define organization-wide standards, processes, and.
al Programming, OOP, Service Oriented Architecture, Dependency Injection, and Core Architecture)Three years of experience and expertise in database design techniques and philosophies (e.g. RDBMS, Document, Star Schema, Kimball Model)Understanding of NoSQL database technologies (e
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we’re proud of the trust we’ve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We’re also in the business of hel