Joining the Live Games Team
We’re focused on one mission: to make our successful MMO games technologically fit for 2021 and beyond.
Our teams pull off daring and courageous things, like writing our own transpiler to migrate hundreds of thousands of lines of code from Flash to TypeScript - and then rolling that out to a global, highly engaged player base, successfully. No-one has done this before us, definitely not at this scale.
We’ve moved almost all of our critical infrastructure to AWS; we run Lambda functions written in node.js in production, while also feeding our huge Java monolith that just kept growing over the years. We integrate React and Vue apps into our legacy Flash games; we mix and match and build for the future, while respecting our past.
Clearly this isn’t for everyone. It’s for the daring, the creative, the out-of-the-box-thinkers, the experienced, the multi-linguists, the curious, the getting-sh*-done-ers. If you think you’re one of them, you may have found your new home. Come join us.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will join a department responsible for a wide array of software
projects. You will work on designing and implementing new features as well as supporting
our existing systems. You have excellent communication skills and are able to effectively
communicate with non technical staff. You don’t shy away from a challenge and take
ownership of your code.
- Design and deliver new features with high-quality
- Develop across both the front-end and the back-end
- Improve and extend existing infrastructure and automate processes
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders in different business domains
- Relevant years of previous programming experience
- Extensive experience with delivering software solutions in Node.js
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies: SQS, SNS, RDS, ECS, DynamoDB,Lambda
- Familiarity with React.js
- Practical experience with Docker
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Technical understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases (designing and querying)
- Proficient English language skills
- Optional: Working knowledge of AWS CDK, Serverless Framework or any other IaC solution
- Optional: Familiarity with PHP
Why join us:
- Work from our modern office in Hamburg with roof terrace, cafeteria, common rooms, gaming and lounging etc. or from the comfort of your own home, it’s your choice
- A supportive team in a pragmatic, yet challenging environment, with short communication processes and flat hierarchies, perfect for growing your skills
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a good work-life balance
- Free access to fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process for the time being. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We're growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for experienced senior developers for our IAM Federations team. The team is responsible for handling the relationship between Auth0 and Identity Providers, such as Social (Google or Facebook among others) and Enterprise providers (
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
At CollabraLink, we’re committed to Creating a Modern, Digital Government. Using advanced technology, rigorous processes and trusted guidance, we’re making government more interactive, productive and secure. We understand that our employees are our greatest asset. Our
We’re looking for a highly experienced Node.js developer to work on the PayrollPanda cloud product. It’s an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer that is looking for a new challenge with a fast-growing startup targeting the fastest-growing region in the wo
At H1 we are creating a healthier future by delivering a platform that connects stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem for greater collaboration and discovery. We believe providing a trusted and single source of truth for healthcare professional information will power conne
More jobs by this company
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 500 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German emplo
Joining the Live Games TeamWe’re focused on one mission: to make our successful MMO games technologically fit for 2021 and beyond. Our teams pull off daring and courageous things, like writing our own transpiler to migrate hundreds of thousands of lines of code from Flash t