It was recently announced that our Questar team will be joining forces with NWEA's state division in early 2022, see the press release here
We are excited to join forces in the mission of partnering to help all kids learn. Learn how this role can make a difference in the work we do with K-12 assessments!
Bridging learning and accountability - we put children at the center of our assessments. Focused to the art and science of the educational assessment, a rewarding career awaits your leadership to help us deliver valuable customer solutions through innovative technology.
Our Test Delivery System group is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Manager to lead a skilled development team as we evolve our market leading educational assessment services. In this position, you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Questar’s long-term vision for our Test Delivery System as we continue to evolve our cloud native design.
Leading a team of engineers, you will be responsible for building our Test Delivery System that delivers high quality testing to K-12 students throughout the country. Partnering with product managers, project managers, and other internal partners you will be helping to architect, as well as to deliver, an exceptional user experience for students, teachers, and administrators.
The leader we are looking for will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on enhancing performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Manage departmental resources, provide mentoring, and enhance/maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
- Maintain and improve existing software.
- Ensure technical requirements and software design specifications are delivered.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate resources around the development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Maintain status of various projects by proactively monitoring the activities of team members and leads.
- Communicate project plan information, objectives and deliverables to the team.
- Manage and partner with dependent teams across the organization, holding resources accountable.
- Coordinate efforts between the Test Delivery team and other internal development teams that have prerequisites or dependencies in the development process.
- Collect requirements and issues from stakeholders maintaining a clear channel of communication.
- Facilitate the creation of software requirement specification documents, user stories, and release documentation.
- Report on the status of software development and other projects to all stakeholders.
- Manage, mentor and facilitate engineers and subject matter experts.
- Manage scrum practices within the engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Computer Science or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience which includes exposure to all development phases, i.e., front-end, back-end, database, etc.
- Proven track record of managing engineering teams of up to 10-15 people and delivering high quality web applications.
- Experience in many software development lifecycle management techniques, Agile software methodologies, web-based infrastructure, and data-configurable systems.
- Experience with Agile lifecycle development and tracking software such as Jira for task management and Git for source control.
- Prior Cloud experience with either AWS or Azure required.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, a very proactive and detail-oriented person with a strong team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to analyze business goals and drive the team accordingly to build/design software to meet the goals.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience with Dev Ops transformation is a plus.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Developers at LaunchPad Lab do more than just write lines of code. We're product builders who solve meaningful problems alongside our clients. Our team has experienced tremendous growth, and we have some exciting projects ahead of us.We're looking for an experienced Salesforce De
Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer's favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you'll make a difference in one of life’s most important events—buying or selling a ho
JOB SUMMARY:We are looking for a skilled .NET front end web developer for web front end programming that has some familiarity with backend .NET MVC systems. Responsible for developing web pages in new and existing websites, ensuring applications responsiveness, and other duties..
Description:OverviewItential provides powerful network automation software to companies worldwide. Our customers run some of the most complex networks in the world and include Fortune 500 telecommunications and financial service companies to enterprises of all sizes. As network a
As a member of our Delivery Services organization, the ServiceNow Senior Developer implements solutions leveraging the ServiceNow platform that are simple, intuitive, easy to use, and allows customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
More jobs by this company
Senior Software Engineer - Full StackLocation: RemoteInterested in using your Cloud expertise to make a difference in K-12 educational assessments?The Senior Software Engineer will be a full-stack developer working on Questar’s multi-platform code bases. You will be impleme