Job Title:Software Engineer I
Department:IT, Telecom & Internet
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position is responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position documents programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position will learn J.B. Hunt's technology and business processes as they develop technical skills.
- Participates in development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
- Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
- Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated README
- Executes and releases builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
- Participates in analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; experience in Software Development or Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as: Java (J2EE), Java Script, Webservices (SOAP or REST), Spring, Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, C#, Python, HTML, Angular JS/Angular 2, EXT JS, Android, or iOS.
Benefits : In addition to medical, dental, vision, and other standard benefits like life insurance and matched 401(k), we provide specialized benefits like adoption assistance, pet insurance, mental health resources, and gym discounts. We proudly offer five employee resource groups to help connect and further the cause of African Americans, Latinos, veterans, women, and LGBTQIA+ employees, as well as weaving inclusion into the fabric of our work lives through mentoring and training.
Compensation: $64,970- $81,220
Education:Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)
Job Opening ID:00421685 Software Engineer I (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are seeking a Web Developer with good visualisation skills to join our exciting start-up, working within our high performing agile engineering squad, and playing a key role in building and delivering OutThink’sCybersecurity Human Risk Management platform.The platform pro
Piper Companies is looking for a Sitecore Developer who would like to join a leading Financial Services firm located in the Philadelphia areaThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Sitecore Developer include:You will be designing and developing software solutions in
KeenLogic is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA. The candidate will be responsible for providing life cycle development and testing of various aspects of the ServiceNow platform. This includes requirements, design, development, testing, and i