Senior Shopify Developer – Remote (North America)
This position can be filled in our Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, or Remote office.
Senior Shopify Developer Position Summary
The Senior Shopify Developer is responsible for developing and implementing high-quality, scalable front-end web solutions for Ecommerce or web applications using industry best practices and the latest technical trends.
The Senior Shopify Developer is responsible for planning out complex e-commerce solutions and breaking them down into smaller tasks that can be assigned.
This position works directly with team members, Project Managers, and occasionally clients from project kick-off to deployment, by gathering requirements and developing solutions to meet client expectations.
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental, Foster and Adoption Leave
- 100% remote work if desired
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development program including paid skillset training and certifications, industry conferences, workshops, and networking engagements
- Volunteer opportunities (Girls Who Code, Coding for Good, Junior Achievement)
- Collaborative environment (whether in person or virtual) where people care for one another
- Tight-knit organization with an emphasis on culture (annual holiday party, remote coffee chats, happy hours, and virtual cooking events)
What Will I Do as a Senior Shopify Developer?
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you will:
- Write Shopify code for projects on assigned tasks
- Work with CQL’s Design team to define and implement end-user functionality
- Estimate task complexity and development cost in detail (task assumptions and dependencies) so CQL’s Project Managers can provide accurate client quotes and allocate resources appropriately
- Analyze requirements and work with CQL’s Project Managers and clients to determine specific issue details
- Work with CQL’s Technical Team to write acceptance criteria to ensure software solution meets client expectations
- Regularly communicate with CQL’s Project Managers regarding task-level ticket status, including updates to project management software to reflect task progress and state
- Review, test, and provide feedback on work by other developers to ensure code quality. Submit ongoing work for review by peers and/or technical lead
- Write client test plans instructing clients how to set up and execute tests against changes made to the software
- Complete training and tutorials to learn new languages and skills to better support clients; Research best practices and understands code structure and organization of code
- Identify issues with existing code and proactively suggest recommended changes to prevent challenges in the future
- Accumulate domain knowledge around existing clients and projects to assist them with ongoing needs
- Prepare project code releases, coordinate changes with client, and send code to production upon approval from quality assurance; provide hotfixes or project releases, as needed
- Ensure high-level requirements are gathered to provide guidance to Technical Team for proper story writing
- Bring new staff members up to speed on project configuration and prepares them to contribute as part of the technical team
- Assign tasks in partnership with CQL’s Project Managers to ensure all tasks are accomplished
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
We know you are probably a great candidate, however, there are a few things we would like to see in your background:
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Ecommerce web development
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working within the Shopify Plus platform
- Superb troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Advanced experience with HTML5, and CSS, SASS
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms, Version Control Systems (such as Git or Mercurial), Jenkins, Gulp, Jira, Confluence, Git Hub, and Bit Bucket
- Experience working in Agile development environments; utilizing Scrum principals to execute projects
What Kind of Experience or Training is Good to Have?
While not required, it is great if you have the following:
- React.js experience is a plus
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our nearly 25 years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct ecommerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Microsoft, and Magento we have built global ecommerce platforms, helped challenger brands differentiate themselves with custom applications and guided the launch of multiple digital ventures.
Our goal has never changed from the early years – which is to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are seeking a Web Developer with good visualisation skills to join our exciting start-up, working within our high performing agile engineering squad, and playing a key role in building and delivering OutThink’sCybersecurity Human Risk Management platform.The platform pro
Piper Companies is looking for a Sitecore Developer who would like to join a leading Financial Services firm located in the Philadelphia areaThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Sitecore Developer include:You will be designing and developing software solutions in
About HologramThe future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet — everything from citywide bike sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet &mda
Open Date:2021-11-17Close Date:2022-01-17Organization:National Congress of American IndiansLocation:The Front-End Developer position is 100% remote.Skills And Qualifications:Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is the oldest, largest, and most represe
About the company:Octave’s mission is to create a new standard for mental health delivery, accessible to people and sustainable for providers. We are broadening access to care through offering increased service types (coaching, groups, therapy), measurement-based care, and
Here at Atlantic Bay, we focus on genuinely caring for both our customers and team. We pride ourselves on being adaptable and energetic, especially in fast-paced environments! Our goal is to continuously inspire growth, for each of our team members to reach their goals and aspira
More jobs by this company
Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) Developer Position SummaryAre you someone who seeks to work with an incredible team of smart people delivering innovative solutions to our clients? CQL is an integrated digital agency that values its team members and strives to work at the f