The Axelerant Business Automation Engineer is successful when people have more time for human relationships and minimize their administrative tasks. Therefore, your role is to challenge the status quo to get things done more efficiently and iterate current automation.
In the past year, over 150 automation scripts through Zapier, Integromat, Google, Slack, Jira, and many other platforms have arisen to provide engagement feedback, salary appraisals, share KPIs, process prospective team members, and much more. Each month, we handle over 100,000 automated tasks.
A great Business Automation Engineer reaches beyond asking people what they want, looking at what they’re doing, and their underlying intentions to develop a beautiful team member experience. And recognizing that sometimes, the best automation is none, and getting better might be burdensome.
This is a remote-based position, open for well-qualified people from anywhere. Travel may occur, though much of the work occurs from your remote office at home or wherever desired. Work is often done in small teams or independently and with minimal supervision in either situation. You’ll be jointly guided by our Digital Experiences and People Management teams.
- Responsible for designing and building optimized operations automation with non-trivial functionality
- Responsible for guiding technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsible for mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Responsible for understanding how system functions contribute to the strategic direction of the business and the ability to make valuable contributions
- Responsible for solving problems effectively by gathering insight from team members, ensuring that they have all the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them, and supporting them as needed
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and solving problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct; looking for root causes, not just symptoms of the pain; weighing pros and cons of actions; and deciding when to escalate issues
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues
- Responsible for transforming requirements into technical architecture and then into tasks delegated to team members
- Responsible for documenting incidents and issues for communication and reference purposes
- Relevant software development experience
- Relevant experience with automation experience
- Relevant experience using agile methodologies
- Strong English communication and team collaboration skills
Nice to Have
- Actively contributing to open-source projects
- Coachable leadership and presentation skills
- Experience providing technical consulting and support
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and large scale application deployment
Axelerant is a distributed, work from anywhere, people-orientated software development company serving media agencies. We have a proven amazing and distinctive culture with our Axelerant Difference and 4.9/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 140+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world who deliver business value through open-source-based applications.
We began as an idea to build a remote organization with empowering benefits for our team members. We are a diverse team working across many time zones, with success stories that back up capabilities and a reputation for an unconventional work environment that empowers.
We're always teaching and learning – peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally. So, when you're excited about learning from and helping others – you'll find a great home here.
All of Axelerant's roles are considered work from anywhere. However, some jobs are regionally specific due to sales or other onsite considerations. For example, when living in Costa Rica and applying for a US sales role, we will not consider you for that job opening.
Except for regionally specific jobs, like UK/US-based account executives or Canadian-based software contributors, our salaries are paid per India-based compensation plans.
Also, we typically expect people to have a two-to-four-hour crossover with the 11 AM to 7 PM India (UTC+05:30) timezone each workday for meetings and coaching.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axelerant provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Remote & Flexible:
All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you're comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us to attend when you're contributing locally and beyond.
Retreats & Meetups:
With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are seeking a Web Developer with good visualisation skills to join our exciting start-up, working within our high performing agile engineering squad, and playing a key role in building and delivering OutThink’sCybersecurity Human Risk Management platform.The platform pro
Piper Companies is looking for a Sitecore Developer who would like to join a leading Financial Services firm located in the Philadelphia areaThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Sitecore Developer include:You will be designing and developing software solutions in
As a member of our Delivery Services organization, the ServiceNow Developer implements solutions leveraging the ServiceNow platform that are simple, intuitive, easy to use, and allows customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs.The De
KeenLogic is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA. The candidate will be responsible for providing life cycle development and testing of various aspects of the ServiceNow platform. This includes requirements, design, development, testing, and i
More jobs by this company
Take your passion for open source technologies, Drupal, and building innovative web systems to the next level by ditching your commute to work. As an experienced PHP/Drupal Developer, you will work with a talented team of in-house software developers, technologists, strategists,.
As an Axelerant Frontend Developer I, you would design and implement the look and feel of Drupal-based websites for internal and client-facing web projects. Additionally, you’ll create for multiple devices and interactions (such as desktops, touch devices like smartphones a
Our Frontend Staff Engineer is a beacon of trusted and transferable in-depth domain knowledge, often in multiple areas within Axelerant. Staff Engineers exert influence across many projects, providing insight and guidance to leaders and teams, helping inform on final solutions.St