Sr. Software Engineer – Cloud Experience
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
The Cloud Experience team is responsible for developing and operating our SS&C cloud portal, which provides teams the ability to self-service infrastructure (compute, network, storage) for their application needs. We have a variety of front-end, back-end and operational work as we strive to provide full-service ownership for our applications and services.
This position is open to remote work from within the US.
- Design and implement applications and services supporting our enterprise cloud portal.
- Integrating with CI/CD, Kubernetes, VMs, data platforms, networking, and storage.
- Implement industry-wide best practices around micro-service development.
- Build common components for reuse across the organization, maintaining documentation, demo applications and reviewing pull requests.
- Evolve our development ecosystem by exploring and prototyping new ways of meeting our business needs.
- Share an on-call rotation and be the escalation contact for service incidents.
- Engineering degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- A solid foundation in object-oriented and cloud native design.
- Experience in writing HTTP services in higher-level languages (e.g., Java/Spring, Go).
- Experience with relational and document databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience learning new open-source software, APIs and frameworks.
- Exposure to automated testing, modern CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiar with bash, Git, JIRA and agile methodologies.
- Experience working with and maintaining a community around open-source software
- Desire to evangelize Developer Culture and lead change within the organization
- Desire to mentor junior developers and assist with intern project designs
Location:Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here . SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
WHAT WE DO & WHO WE DO IT FOR?We empower tens of thousands of employees worldwide to work anywhere in the world.Velocity Global is a cloud-based, workforce management and payment platform that makes it possible for employees and contractors, like you, to work and get paid jus
Employment Type: Remote - Full-Time, ContractLocation: Anywhere in the US and CanadaSUMMARY OF POSITIONWe are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who has extensive experience in a variety of technologies (see list below). At Code Particle, you will be expected to constantly a
Location – Coralville, IA | Chicago, IL | Boston, MA | Remote-USAbout Digital Diagnostics:At Digital Diagnostics, we’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of global healthcare through the automation of medical diagnosis and treatme
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
More jobs by this company
SS&C Health is a hybrid organization made up of software/systems engineers and analysts who are responsible for core applications development and support and have capacity for future growth.Our team is made up of engineers with varying levels of professional experience and ba
Software Infrastructure at SS&C is a hybrid organization made up of software/systems engineers who ensure that core applications and services run smoothly and have capacity for future growth. We are building a next-generation cloud platform that will enable other engineers to