SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a member of our UX team you will be building annotation tools marking up text, audio, images, video and other data
types for use in creating machine learning models. You will provide the amazing experiences for the users, fixing bugs as
necessary and constantly working on improving the quality of our codebase.
- Build Appen’s client facing tools, including self-serving APIs, dashboards, reports.
- Create prototypes, MVP and production software.
- Technical input for new and existing product initiatives, assist with definition of product direction
- Define, design, troubleshoot, and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Work with manager, engineers, product management and operation team to design and implement application
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes.
- Support product in a production environment on AWS
- 5+ years experience developing commercial web applications.
- 2+ year experience with working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework.
- 1+ year experience with working with Node.js platform.
- 1+ year experience with React/Redux setup.
- Proficiency with command line and Chrome Developer Tools.
- Experience with Git, Docker, Jira, Confluence.
- Assertive "get things done" attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most
innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who
speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted
data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and
governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve
quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We are truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and
believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions.
We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we do
not give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location – Coralville, IA | Chicago, IL | Boston, MA | Remote-USAbout Digital Diagnostics:At Digital Diagnostics, we’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of global healthcare through the automation of medical diagnosis and treatme
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Opened to U.S. Citizen only.The Full Stack Application Developer will play a key role in the development of leading-edge software using the latest tools and technologies. As a part of an Agile team, the Full Stack Developer will design and build software using front-end technolog
Overview:Do you want to work for a mission-focused and exciting organization? Then come join us at the American Institutes for Research (AIR), a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solv
More jobs by this company
Overview:SENIOR COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTPosition SummaryAs part of Appen’s Advanced Research and Consulting (ARC) team, the Senior Computational Linguist will help design and prototype next-generation tools for data creation, enrichment, and structuring. The Senior Computatio