3D Software Engineer
We are on the hunt for someone who loves building cool tech and is innovative to join the AR 3D product team at Magnetic Mobile. This role is for 3D developer that has a deep understanding of 3D models and is able to manipulate and modify them programmatically.
We expect experience in platform-dependent model types including iOS and Android (usdz and gltf), importing and exporting from industry standard native files, and a solid understanding of the limitations of the web formats. The right candidate should know underlying 3D model structures and concepts (meshes, materials, PBR, shaders, vertices, faces, normals, etc.) and be able to write shader modifiers for custom 3D animations and effects. The ideal candidate should be able to help clients integrate our models and frameworks into their proprietary systems.
This position is a remote position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with a small growing team in an open atmosphere to build and innovate our enterprise level 3D applications.
- Integrate across teams to make sure we are delivering a great user experience.
- Communicate with and implement directions given from clients about business requirements, priorities, procedures, questions, etc. into product and code.
- Stay current on development technologies and make best practice recommendations for coding standards and solution choices.
- Improve code quality through automation and performing code reviews.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge or experience with 3D math (Vectors, Quaternions, Matrices, etc.)
- Deep understanding of writing shaders, shadow systems, lighting models and high-quality rendering for web-based and mobile applications.
- Proven proficiency in debugging complex graphics problems.
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Advanced understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art pipelines
- Proficiency with HLSL, GLSL
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Unity3D
- Hands-on experience with 3D web frameworks like BabylonJS and ThreeJS.
- Knowledge or experience with front end web technologies (node, Postman, CSS, HTML, WebGL)
- Experience developing in agile SCRUM processes
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match up
- Paid Time Off
- Training and development
- Promotion from within
- Hard work is rewarded
- Ownership of projects
- Collaborative office environment
- Community involvement
- Team-building activities
Magnetic Mobile is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Magnetic Mobile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Magnetic Mobile complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Magnetic Mobile expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Magnetic Mobile's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location – Coralville, IA | Chicago, IL | Boston, MA | Remote-USAbout Digital Diagnostics:At Digital Diagnostics, we’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of global healthcare through the automation of medical diagnosis and treatme
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Opened to U.S. Citizen only.The Full Stack Application Developer will play a key role in the development of leading-edge software using the latest tools and technologies. As a part of an Agile team, the Full Stack Developer will design and build software using front-end technolog
Overview:Do you want to work for a mission-focused and exciting organization? Then come join us at the American Institutes for Research (AIR), a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solv
More jobs by this company
Web DeveloperWe are on the hunt for a Web Developer to join our development team at Magnetic Mobile, Dayton’s best enterprise mobile solution provider. We’re a down-to-earth company and we’ve found that team members who are humble, supportive, have a sense of hu