We are a closely held custom software development agency and we are looking for a driven Software Engineering Manager. Are you experienced in software team leadership, .NET, React and/or Azure cloud-based deployment? Passionate about building products that customers love? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The Engineering Manager leads a Scrum team of engineers while collaborating with the team’s Product Manager to ship custom software solutions. Typical solutions utilize the following technologies:
- .NET (predominantly) and Node.js (secondarily) back-ends
- Service-oriented architectures
- REST APIs
- Azure cloud services
- DevOps/continuous deployment pipelines
Skills & Requirements
The position requires proven work experience in engineering management with a strong software development work history. The Engineering Manager works within a multidisciplinary Scrum team as a partner to the team’s product manager to lead the team (with sleeves rolled up) in the construction of custom cloud-based software for our clients.
The ability to research and communicate recommendations to their product manager peer and upward to our engineering director is crucial. The Engineering Manager will also work hand-in-hand with clients so possession of a consulting mindset is a must.
Specific position requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with custom software development
- 5+ years in a professional work environment analyzing problems, collaborating and leading teams
- Engineering management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are pretty darn important, too
- Our engineering managers ship ample amounts of code along with their Scrum team – this is an active hands-on position for sure!
At Mercury you will:
- Lead, mentor and develop front-end and back-end engineers
- Collaborate with product managers to define and refine product vision
- Apply exacting standards to ensure that the team delivers high quality applications
- Work collaboratively with team engineers to ship software
- Collaborate with executive leadership to improve software development processes and tooling
What Kind of Products Will You Work On?
- Web, mobile and collaboration applications for the Southeast's fastest growing commercial real estate firms
- Ecommerce, operational management and transactional reporting system for a funded late-stage startup
- Progressive web application for Fortune 50 consumer products field workforce
- Enterprise system of record, system integration and data dashboards for national insurance services firm
How to Know If You're A Fit
If any of the following excite you, we definitely want to talk to you!
- Choose Boring Technology
- Your Team Structures Ain’t Working. Let’s Apply Team Topologies
- The Strangler Pattern
- Developer’s Serenity Prayer
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we find all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa Bay-based professionals.
We are a group of talented designers and developers devoid of heavy corporate structures, approval processes and tight boundaries. Noted by our clients as giving that little extra that truly sets us apart, we seek to build sustained, successful relationships, ship customized solutions and deliver strategic counsel and zealous service. mercuryworks.com
About H1B Visas and Recruiters
At this time we are not considering the sponsorship of H1B candidates. Also, no recruiters. Definitely; please no recruiters. None. No matter how good you think your candidate is.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Technical Support Engineer - VirtualWho We AreSolera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s oth
The opportunityAt Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that star
Role :Product OwnerDuration :Long TermLocation :RemoteWork on strategic green field products in the healthcare space.Work daily as a leader in an Agile environment with engineers from other teams, product managers, designers, and user research to solve the most complicated cross-
The client we are working with is looking for a Senior Software Engineer interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.Their team has successfully launched a new and innovative technolog