Principal Software Engineer - Virtual Texas
- Collaborates with cross functional teams such as system engineering, product, UX, QA, Project Management, etc.
- Exposes technology and organizational needs throughout their department.
- Teach, mentor, grow, and provide advice to other domain experts, individual contributors, across several teams in their sub-department.
- Play a central role in technical, business, and organizational contributions affecting the sub-department/department.
- Responsible for independently leading requirements gathering from both internal and external customers
- Coordinates with functional owners and end users to translate ideas and high-level specifications into new or enhanced integration solutions
- Must quickly define the scope of work and level of effort required to deliver the proposed solution
- Must be able to communicate advanced technical concepts verbally and in writing to both technical peers and non-technical audiences like customer executives
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for Omnitracs products and integrations
- Responsible for setting aggressive but realistic deadlines and consistently delivering on schedule
What You Will Bring
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
- 8+ years of hands-on development and coding experience in any coding language; experience with end-to-end enterprise level applications such as front-end apps, server and database; architecture, scalability and reliability concepts.
- 2+ years leading software engineering team(s).
- Advanced/Expert level skills in .NET Framework, C#, or another C-based language
- Hands-on experience consuming web services (both REST & SOAP)
- Hands-on experience and functional skills working with SQL-based databases
- Hands-on experience and functional skills working with XML-based data transfer and manipulation (XSD, XSLT, XPath, XAML, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Visual Studio and VS Code
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence
- Working knowledge of GitHub, Bitbucket, and/or any git-based source control
- Working knowledge of cloud-based architectures vs. on-premise architectures
- Experience working with AWS is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile team and/or with Jira is a plus
- Experience working with any Omnitracs products and software is a plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills Must be able to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Experience participating in the sales cycle and collaborating with sales reps is a plus Ability to multitask and balance multiple projects with varying requirements and deadlines
- Eagerness to solve problems – working through vague or sometimes limited information
- Eagerness to work within a collaborative team to share knowledge and success while also taking individual accountability
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SOLERA HOLDINGS, INC., AND ITS US SUBSIDIARIES (TOGETHER, SOLERA) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THE FIRM'S POLICY IS NOT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY, AND GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE FIRM ALSO PROHIBITS HARASSMENT OF APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES BASED ON ANY OF THESE PROTECTED CATEGORIES.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location – Coralville, IA | Chicago, IL | Boston, MA | Remote-USAbout Digital Diagnostics:At Digital Diagnostics, we’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of global healthcare through the automation of medical diagnosis and treatme
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Opened to U.S. Citizen only.The Full Stack Application Developer will play a key role in the development of leading-edge software using the latest tools and technologies. As a part of an Agile team, the Full Stack Developer will design and build software using front-end technolog
Overview:Do you want to work for a mission-focused and exciting organization? Then come join us at the American Institutes for Research (AIR), a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solv
More jobs by this company
The RoleThe Open Source Database Administrator job position is an exciting opportunity to support Solera EMEA and APAC regions with our critical customer facing platforms and as well as the latest cutting edge Solera Cloud applications in our supported Cloud Platforms. Apart from
Customer Success Manager - Virtual OhioWho We AreSolera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s
Technical Support Engineer - VirtualWho We AreSolera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s oth
Account Executive - VirtualThe RoleWe're seeking multiple Inside Sales Account Executives to be based virtually. You'll be working in a fast paced environment alongside passionate colleagues determined to do the best work of their career!What You’ll DoProspect, develop, and
Senior Software Development EngineerWho We AreSolera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s oth
Mid-Level Software Engineer – Auto/MateThe RoleThe Software Engineer will be joining a team with various levels of skills. While the main technical language is Java, knowledge of various versions (6,8,11) is necessary. This role will work with senior members of the team and
Associate Tech Support Engineer - Virtual USThe RoleThe Associate Technical Support Engineer position provides Tier-2 level technical support to Omnitracs’ customers. This position supports Omnitracs’ systems and resolves software, hardware, application and data issue
Technical Support Representative - VirtualWho We AreSolera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life&rsquo
Forms Specialist - Virtual USThe RoleThe Forms Specialist is a highly motivated individual with excellent attention to detail, who will map/program and deploy Automotive Finance & Leasing forms using a proprietary Forms Design tool.What You Will DoMap/Program Automotive Finan