Job Title:Software Engineer III
Department:IT, Telecom & Internet
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position is responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position documents programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position applies some advanced programming techniques and concepts during the solution design and development. (Remote Work Available)
- Helps lead development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
- Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
- Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated README
- Helps lead team members in execution and release of builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
- Help lead analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 4 years of experience in Software Development or Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as: Java (J2EE), Java Script, Webservices (SOAP or REST), Spring, Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, C#, Python, HTML, Angular JS/Angular 2, EXT JS, Android, or iOS.
Benefits : In addition to medical, dental, vision, and other standard benefits like life insurance and matched 401(k), we provide specialized benefits like adoption assistance, pet insurance, mental health resources, and gym discounts. We proudly offer five employee resource groups to help connect and further the cause of African Americans, Latinos, veterans, women, and LGBTQIA+ employees, as well as weaving inclusion into the fabric of our work lives through mentoring and training.
Compensation: $86,474 - $108,092
Education:Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)
Work Experience:Engineering, Software Development
Job Opening ID:00429724 Software Engineer III (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location – Coralville, IA | Chicago, IL | Boston, MA | Remote-USAbout Digital Diagnostics:At Digital Diagnostics, we’re on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of global healthcare through the automation of medical diagnosis and treatme
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Opened to U.S. Citizen only.The Full Stack Application Developer will play a key role in the development of leading-edge software using the latest tools and technologies. As a part of an Agile team, the Full Stack Developer will design and build software using front-end technolog
Overview:Do you want to work for a mission-focused and exciting organization? Then come join us at the American Institutes for Research (AIR), a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solv
More jobs by this company
Job Title:Software Engineer III (Remote)Department:IT, Telecom & InternetCountry:United States of AmericaState/Province:ArkansasCity:LowellFull/Part Time:Full timeJob Summary:J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The p