The Senior Software Engineer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Software Engineer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other CDW teams to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, and storyboards.
- Develop and update Disaster Recovery plans and participate in DR testing activities.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Admin team and Application Developers.
- Other Responsibilities
- Strong development experience in developing integration applications and message flows using IBM App Connect Enterprise (ACE) and IBM WebSphere MQ (WMQ).
- In depth knowledge of ESQL language, ESQL Functions, Message flows and Message sets.
- Experience working with various type of nodes in ACE like MQ Nodes, HTTP Nodes, SOAP Nodes, File Nodes, Compute Node, Java Compute Node, Filter Node, Routing Nodes etc.
- Experience in developing REST API's, HTTP and SOAP Web services in ACE.
- Experienced working with various databases like SQL Server, AS400 and Mongo DB.
- Perform deployment activities like bar override, bar deployment, configurable services, MQ and Work Load Management policy creation
- Good knowledge on WebSphere MQ Queues, Topics and Subscriptions.
- Experienced in handling various message formats like JSON, XML CSV etc.
- Support PROD issues and root cause analysis
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years in application administration
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Sterling Integrator mapping with extended rules and SI Business Process design and development
- X12, Rosettanet, Flat File, cXML mapping, canonical maps and AS2 configuration.
- Experience with cloud technologies like Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Expertise with SQL Queries, JDBC, ODBC etc.
- Proficient with B2B design patterns, architectures and integration technologies that go beyond point-to-point integrations and allow for more reuse and flexibility.
- Experience of Agile methodology or scrum/SAFe is preferred.
- Hands on development experience with integration tools like IBM Sterling B2Bi / IBM SFG is a plus/ITX/Mulesoft/Biztalk.
- Experience using latest integration methodologies using JSON/OAUTH2/API and other.
- Testing with trading partners internally and externally, making mapping adjustments, building or adjusting business processes based on design changes resulting from test outcomes.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are looking for a developer advocate to spread the word about Fluvio, a high-performance data streaming platform written in Rust. As a Developer Advocate, you'll work closely with our third-party developers on developing the Fluvio community. You.
Contract W2, 12 MonthsDepends on ExperienceTravel not requiredJob DescriptionTitle : IBM Sterling Integrator with 10+ exp with IBM (SFG), B2B Integrator,(SSP), (ICC) & (PEM)Location : New York city, NYRemoteIf your interested please reply me to my email.
Looking Node.js with Backend, Rest API and SQL DatabaseKey Responsibilities:Nodejs API Tech Specialist with total 5+ plus years of working experience and 2 plus on relevant experience on NodeJS API.Nodejs server-side framework to implement a robust and.
Job SummaryNextracker - Project Engineer, TrueCaptureRemote, USAt Nextracker, we are leading in the energy transition, providing the most comprehensive portfolio of intelligent solar tracker and control software solutions for solar power plants, as well.
About Ancestry:When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among.
More jobs by this company
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain IT infrastructure environments for Managed Services customers, which may include, but are not limited to: enterprise data storage systems, mainframe (IBM System z), midrange (IBM Power),.
Senior Engineers are independent technology leaders at CDW. Senior Engineers understand customer business needs and apply the necessary technical breadth to drive successful customer projects and CDW offerings and achieve high customer satisfaction.Primarily.
The Software Solution Advisor (SSA) is an expert software advisor supporting CDW customers with all facets of their software solution needs. The mission for our SSA’s is to align the right resource to the right team in order to successfully support our.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform technical tasks, which are related to the operation and monitoring of assigned technologies for the managed services customer base in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, schedules, and.
The Principal Architect - SDI (Software Defined Network) is responsible for driving technical strategy, and sales GTM for specific technologies for CDW customers. Successful Principal Architects will design and develop capabilities that address DVS opinions.
This position is part of CDW's pre-sales practice, a single-source provider to our clients for all things Network and Security. As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will partner with the sales teams to drive solutions for CDW’s customers. As for the.
The Sr Quality System Analyst II manages and participates in testing of complex or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides technical leadership, strategic direction, and guidance in the.
Play a critical role in the CDW Digital Velocity go-to-market strategy! CDW Digital Velocity (DV) is a Full Stack Digital Transformation Solutions Company that is solving our customers' toughest challenges and building our own products to take to market..
The Solution Domain Manager (SDM) is a business, sales, and solutions thought leader at CDW. They provide leadership and support for Sales, Solution Architects and Services teams within their region. The SDM is accountable for effective and efficient.
As a UX Content Strategist, you’ll partner with a cross-functional team of Designers, Product Managers, and Researchers to deliver best-in-class digital experiences for CDW’s users. You’ll speak to our audience through compelling and engaging copy and.
CDW's vision is to be the best national provider of Integrated Technology Solutions. We'll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Integrated Technology Solutions. Consulting Engineers at CDW.
Play a critical role in the CDW Digital Velocity Solutions go-to-market strategy! CDW Digital Velocity Solutions (DVS) is a Full Stack Digital Transformation Solutions Company that is solving our customers' toughest challenges and building our own products.
Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity.
The Software Architect (SA) is involved with a project from inception to completion, and is often spread across several projects. The SA is the first one on the ground during project initiation, and prepares the project for the project team to cover.
The Inside Solution Architect - DevOps focuses on supporting Account Managers by assisting them with the sale of solutions related to DevOps technologies. The Inside Solution Architect builds relationships and educates Account Managers on the technologies,.
CDW’s vision is to be THE national provider of Managed Services. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Managed Services. Engineers at CDW are responsible for the development and delivery.