We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to help us migrate from an existing, lightweight Web API (C# .Net Core) to a new Web API (NodeJS + TypeScript) to support our web apps (Vue.js + TypeScript) and soon-to-be released mobile app.
What You’ll Do
- Drive back end architectural decisions to develop a maintainable and reliable set of edge applications
- Collaborate with other teams to build shared microservices that can serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our product team to tap into our valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Actively participate in all development projects and work together to build high quality solutions
- Present ideas to technical staff to help shape our technical landscape
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality
Your First 90 Days
By Day 30
- You will immerse yourself in our culture, our product and our tech stack
- You’ll work with Product Management, QA and Cloud Ops to better understand our product offering (C# .NET and Node.js) and new web offering (Vue.js, React Native)
- You’ll contribute to defining a technical roadmap that takes scalability, testing and performance into account and present a gap analysis of what can potentially be done even better
- You’ll become a contributing member of our efficient and effective SDLC process
- You’ll take on development items to get your hands in our current Web and API stack
By Day 60
- You will work with and understand the nuances of your team
- You’ll create and help work on a backlog of technical infrastructure work as related to the platform and API identified in your First 30 Days
- You’ll co-create a backlog of work to systematically add new features from which the entire team can pull work items from
By Day 90
- You will help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from production issues
- You will advance our tech stack by continuing to evolve the technical roadmap and future deliveries
- You’ll play an influential role in hiring additional engineers to our growing Product Team
Who You Are
- 5+ years NodeJS development experience (Express-based frameworks)
- 4+ years SQL Server experience
- 3+ years C# .Net development experience
- 2+ years experience leading a team of API/Platform engineers
- Ability to flesh out user stories to be consumed by the rest of the team
- Experience working in an Agile environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members remotely
- Prior experience with React.js or Vue.js
- Prior experience with NestJS, TS.ed, etc. (any TS based framework)
- Prior experience with TypeORM, Sequelize, or custom ORM development.
- Catalyst-mindset (i.e., ability to tangibly see the future and influence the people and tech stack that you work with)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: