ABOUT THE ROLE
The Itemize Tech Lead will have the opportunity to design and lead the implementation of our client-facing and platform products, while mentoring core tech team engineers and managing offshore developers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with tech and product to drive roadmaps and resourcing that align with business goals
- Managing offshore development resources
- Serving as a lead contributor to the software design and technical architecture of the client-facing applications
- Contributing ~60% of time to hands-on development and deployments and ~40% of time dedicated to team and project management
- Mentoring team members and conducting clear and actionable feedback sessions and code reviews
- Ensuring technology adheres to clean coding and industry security standards, maintaining PCI and SOC compliance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years professional work experience in server-side software development with a primary focus in Nodejs, Python, and RESTful APIs
- 2+ years professional experience with AWS cloud platform services, including Lambda, ECS, Cloudwatch
- Technical leadership experience with proven ability to effectively manage teams and meet deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with working with remote teams
- Familiarity with relational database structures and SQL queries
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of CI/CD methodologies
WHAT WE OFFER
- High energy atmosphere of an AI-driven FinTech scaleup that has great traction towards global success and already serves clients across four continents, including Fortune 500 companies. And we are just getting started!
- We value education and professional development and encourage employees to take ownership, become subject matter experts, and bring new ideas to the table to challenge themselves and their teammates.
- Enjoyable working environment: A diverse international team of techies, dog lovers, globetrotters, and musicians. We offer flexible PTO and a generous benefits package, and highly value independence. Our team enjoys spending time together with fun virtual activities and we look forward to re-establishing face to face events soon!
Itemize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Itemize does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: