Title: Hadoop Admin
Duration: Long Term
- MUST be in EST time zone.
- Strong Cloudera & Kafka Admin Exp.
- The typical responsibilities of a Hadoop admin include - deploying a Hadoop cluster, maintaining a Hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Cloudera Manager, configuring the NameNode high availability and keeping a track of all the running Hadoop jobs.
- Must have good understanding and Experience with Spark.
- Implementing, managing and administering the overall Hadoop infrastructure.
- Takes care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters
- A Hadoop administrator will have to work closely with the database team, network team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
- If working with open source Apache Distribution then Hadoop admins have to manually setup all the configurations- Core-Site, HDFS-Site, YARN-Site and Map Red-Site. However, when working with popular Hadoop distribution like Hortonworks, Cloudera or MapR the configuration files are setup on startup and the Hadoop admin need not configure them manually.
- Hadoop admin is responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the Hadoop cluster.
- Hadoop admin is also responsible for deciding the size of the Hadoop cluster based on the data to be stored in HDFS.
- Ensure that the Hadoop cluster is up and running all the time.
- Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance.
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- Backup and recovery tasks
- Resource and security management
- Troubleshooting application errors and ensuring that they do not occur again.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $55.00 per hour
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Cloudera: 1 year (Required)
- Kafka: 1 year (Required)
- Overall: 8 years (Required)
- Hadoop Admin: 3 years (Required)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: