About the role
To make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious web developer to join our fully remote team of 85+ people.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop end-to-end solutions including concept, road map planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Team up with Evan and Ben to build a state-of-the-art web app on a growing team that serves over 4 million users per month
- Create web features on one of our cross-functional squads of backend developers, mobile developers, designers, copywriters, SEO, QA, data scientists, and product experts
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing and direct team feedback
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to plan and experience authentic outdoor adventures
- We believe good ideas count more than titles
- You’ll work from wherever you want as long as it’s in a timezone between UTC-1 and UTC+3, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or a co-working space of your choice, covered by us
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as complex maps or community features in a highly interactive UI
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team (when safe & legal) to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experience
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in developing high quality production ReactJS
- Know how to build scalable web apps with NodeJS and how to run them on cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Have experience with continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Are a great communicator in a diverse international and fully remote team
Sound like you?
We would like to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, links, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
CoreWeave is a modern cloud, providing enterprise scale with the flexibility of a start-up. At CoreWeave we are building the next generation public cloud for accelerated workloads. Our stack consists of 8,000 bare metal servers with 45,000 GPUs total with over 7 data-centers. We.
Are you a node.js & kubernetes ninja? Can you replace people with scripts that you write? Does poorly engineered architecture give you nightmares?If this describes you then please read on! Exodus uses multi-cloud hosted backend services, running numerous cryptocurrency coin n
Test Chip Engineer Pay: $45.00/HourShift: 8:00AM - 5:00PM(Monday - Friday)Job Details****This role will be remote in any of the following Locations: AZ, OR, SC, TX (Virtual)CDNS/SNPS Tool suites: Synthesis, APR, Timing convergence (STA), 5-10 yrs experience (BS with exp or MS),
Job DescriptionPosition Details: Responsible for providing Veritas NetBackup system administration services. Includes determining user, application and system demands, establishing priorities, and planning and performing tasks required in offering recoverable, reliable and effici
We’re looking for an Engineer/Scientist to work on articles explaining core Computer Science concepts.First – you naturally need to have a CS background to base your work on, preferably with teaching or research or machine learning. Candidates without at least two yea
More jobs by this company
About the roleYou’ve got a head for processes, an eye for detail and you love being the first to test out new features in the wild. As a member of the komoot Quality Assurance team you'll play a key role in delivering new, bug-free features to our users worldwide. We work i
About the roleYou’ll team up with four world class iOS engineers and take over full responsibility for our iOS app. Touching all parts of the iOS app, your work will make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation
About the roleWe are now experiencing an accelerated growth and we're looking for an experienced Data Scientist dedicated to improving the product experience. As a young tech company, we know how user engagement can be boosted by personalisation, recommendations, user-segmentatio
About the roleKomoot is a tech company where data plays a decisive role. As our new senior data analyst, your work will be invaluable in driving key product decisions. Being part of a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product managers, developers and designers to.
About the roleAt komoot we strongly believe in the power of automation. Written rules are good, automated security checks are better. As a cloud security engineer at komoot you’ll take care of our AWS and Google cloud organizations. You manage accounts/projects, users, role
About the roleAs komoot’s next Senior Backend Engineer, you join a highly-motivated team of tech enthusiasts. We are focused on impact, that’s why we love to find simple and smart solutions to complex problems, and embrace modern technologies to face our tough challen
About the roleKomoot is a tech company in which data plays a decisive role. As komoot’s lead data analyst, you will scale the Analytics team from 2 to 6 members to cover the increasing need for data-informed decisions as the company grows. This includes recruiting and onboa
About the roleYou’ll team up with four world class Android engineers and take over full responsibility for our Android app. You’ll work on all parts of the Android app and make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features fo