Nationally recognized nonprofit seeks a full-time Manager of Knowledge and IT to join the team growing an inclusive research & development (R&D) program for K-12 education.
AERDF is a national nonprofit initiative that supports ambitious Inclusive R&D programs designed to tackle intractable teaching and learning challenges that disproportionately affect Black and Latino students and students of all races experiencing poverty.
We ground our approach in Inclusive R&D. Unlike traditional R&D, Inclusive R&D engages educators, researchers, and developers from the beginning in shorter cycles of innovation with clear, ambitious goals. By funding multiple projects in different contexts, Inclusive R&D plans for scalability from the outset, designing approaches and solutions that are meant to work in many communities rather than a single school or district.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Manager of Knowledge and IT will support the program teams and organization to ensure high quality management of technology systems and tools to generate, organize, and share knowledge. This role will ensure that technology tools, hardware, and processes are reliable and effective for staff to fulfill AERDF’s mission. The Knowledge and IT Manager reports to the Chief Learning Officer. You will have the ability to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S., though if you are based in the Bay Area or Chicago, you will be able to work from our offices when it is safe to do so.
AERDF is committed to ensuring the breakthroughs developed in its Inclusive R&D programs reach its intended beneficiaries, namely, Black and Latino students and students from low-income households. Our approaches to knowledge management and dissemination center on this commitment.
- AERDF will generate generalizable new knowledge and insights for wide dissemination.
- Knowledge management is a discipline that promotes an integrated approach to identifying, capturing, evaluating, retrieving, and sharing all of an organization’s information assets. These assets may include databases, documents, policies, procedures, and previously uncaptured wisdom and experience in individuals and teams.
- Barriers to access and understanding are continuously addressed and actively removed to ensure our learnings and knowledge are approachable, usable, and enable positive change.
As the Manager of Knowledge and IT, you’ll have an opportunity to:
Organize knowledge and resources in ways to fulfill AERDF’s mission
- In partnership with the CLO, contribute to and oversee the knowledge management strategy through an approach that applies our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proactively build, launch, maintain and scale processes and knowledge resources that capture unmet support and/or documentation needs, enabling the surfacing of insights into recommendations
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead or contribute to large-scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational and support problems at scale
- Ensure knowledge management systems and tech stacks are up to date, integrated, and effective for the organization’s goals; manage contractors supporting our systems
- Communicate feedback, challenges, roadblocks, and insights effectively and concisely to appropriate audiences and stakeholders
Ensure strong IT operations for AERDF as an organization as you:
- Develop and oversee the overall strategy and compliance for AERDF’s IT management and cybersecurity of applications and hardware
- Manage IT Support vendor, app vendors, licenses, contracts, and configuration of online apps and digital tools used by staff
- Manage technology hardware strategy and maintenance
- Respond rapidly to staff and consultants requests for support; follow up with them via slack, email, and/or phone to ensure limited interruption to work
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Other duties as assigned
- User-centered design approach and philosophy in solution creation
- Established record of strong project ownership, project management, and self-direction
- Experience managing contractors and vendors for mission alignment and quality of work
- Experience or familiarity with delivering programs through outsourced vendor partners
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Growth mindset towards learning and development
- A high degree of self-awareness and a relationship-orientation that inspires others
- Ability to travel up to 25% for in-person team meetings, all-team meetings and retreats, awardee visits, convenings and conferences when we are able to travel again
- An ability to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity, while embracing the ever-evolving nature of a young organization; ability to successfully work in a small, collaborative team environment
Preferred experience supporting the following technologies for knowledge management:
Experience supporting the following technology platforms
- G Suite
A minimum of five years as a KM/IT Manager in an agile/start-up environment or in a similar role.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary and comprehensive benefits.
The starting salary range for this position is 110,000 to 130,000. Final salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
AERDF has a strong commitment to diversity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted through June 6th at 12:00pm PST. Priority will be given to applications submitted by May 27th at 12pm PST.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About this PositionAt FiscalNote, we build platforms that connect people to their government, and our Search team builds data pipelines, microservices, and infrastructure to make sure people can find the right information at the right time. As a Search.
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems;.
Company DescriptionAt Revalize, we build the software and technology that powers sales of manufactured, complex products. Our customers rely on our software to select and sell everything from commercial ovens, to specialized pumps and valves, to grain.
Piper Companies is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a full-time direct hire opportunity for an innovative start-up company based in Durham, North Carolina (NC). The Data Engineer will be working closely along side the engineering team to support.
As Principal Architect, you will be instrumental in the successful integration of disruptive technologies within the organization. You will provide architectural mentorship and oversight at a Company/Technical Platform level and work cross-functionally.