Software Engineer II
“TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE WILL EVER WAIT FOR CARE”
Software Engineer II
WHO ARE WE?
We are a software development company HQ in beautiful downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Our mission is simple—to ensure that no one waits for the care they need by. Here at TeleTracking we all believe it’s unacceptable that patients are not able to access the care they need, when they need it, due to operating inefficiencies and unnecessary cost barriers, and we also believe as care delivery becomes more complex, coordinating patient care with a combination of people, process and technology across the care continuum is absolutely essential and we are looking for the best and the brightest talent to ensure the mission gets accomplished.
TeleTracking has been recognized by the Pittsburgh Technology Council―which named TeleTracking as the Tech 50 Culture Leader of the Year. TeleTracking has also been recognized as one of Becker's Hospital Review’s "Great Places to Work," a Pittsburgh Business Times “Corporate Citizenship Award” winner and a Pittsburgh Business Times “2019 Workplace Wellness Champion.”
The Software Engineer II is responsible for coding and testing of all modules and applications that are part of the TeleTracking Platform. This position will push the envelope to deliver highly automated and intelligent solutions that are redefining what is possible for TeleTracking clients. This role will be charged with understanding and interpreting requirements to contribute to the technical architecture and the associated design documents.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Writing, debugging, unit testing and performance test code in all applications layers, including front end (Web), middle layer (Web Services), and data access layers in accordance with TeleTracking standards.
- As an agile team member, lead and conduct code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors. See as the subject matter expert.
- Assists in the development and training of junior Software Engineers.
Bachelor's in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Systems or related discipline.
- Master's Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
3+ years’ experience in all areas of application development including at least three years using Microsoft.NET and SQL technologies building commercial grade applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with n-tier, enterprise-scalable, distributed application environments.
- Experience with source code version control and the coordination/synchronization of multiple active branches.
- Experience incorporating third party components and frameworks.
- Familiarity and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles.
- Advanced level skills in Java Service Oriented Architecture technologies such as JaxRS, REST, Oauth2, CXF, Spring, MongoDB.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design (classes, constructors, interfaces, properties, methods and events).
- Experience working with several types of database technologies such as SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, or ElasticSearch as examples.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
- Good software development and Object-Oriented programming skills.
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architectures.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with end users to transform requests into robust solutions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of TeleTracking’s commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting