Prenda is hiring a Software Developer that will be responsible for designing and improving software that helps our Guides, Students, and Parents teams. Prenda is a 100% remote company, but teams get together quarterly to meet in person.
Prenda believes in a Human-Centered approach and empowering autonomous product experience teams to prioritize work and deliver value to their customers. You will be working on a cross-functional team with a product manager and UX Designer who all share the same focus: developing empathy for our internal and external customers through qualitative and quantitative research and using that knowledge to consider what problems to solve and how best to solve them.
We are looking for engineers who are experienced, empathetic, and results-oriented. Our Ideal candidate is someone who is relentlessly curious, isn’t afraid to question conventional wisdom, and is open to the best solution regardless of its source.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support testing and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Manage a small team of developers
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet in a home and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners - they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
Who you are committed to being
Prenda is a values driven company and we are seeking candidates who are committed to living our core values.
- Start with heart: Caring about people and a passion for learning are more important than transcripts, certificates and pedagogy.
- Figure it out: Everyone has the potential to become a capable problem solver. When we rob students of their struggles, we rob them of their victories.
- Dare greatly: We discover our gifts and purpose, then courageously tackle the big goals ahead of us. When the call to action is scary, we embrace the struggle, ask “why not?” and keep moving forward.
- Foundation of trust: Trust is the only way humans can learn and build together. We think about trust in every interaction and do everything we can to increase it. Am I trusting others? Are my words or actions inviting others to trust me?
- Learning > comfort: It’s tempting to avoid risk, stick with what we know, and hide from new and challenging frontiers. We seek the real learning that comes when we step (or leap) out of our comfort zone.
- 5 + years of relevant work experience
- Experience with full stack web development
- Experience with React, TypeScript & Node.js
- Experience with data modeling (NoSQL & relational)
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
Helpful to have
- Experience with Meteor
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with mobile app development
- Experience in education tech
- Competitive salary combined with potential equity
- Tax-advantaged health insurance reimbursement
- Work-from-home stipend
- Entirely remote team
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: