Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:$76,000 Compensation Maximum:$149,000
- Lead & guide the fellow developers on the team through technical skill development and knowledge sharing.
- Write Python code based on functional specification and technical design. Adhere to architectural standards and develop designs that consider impact with other aspects of the database and appropriately leverage existing code.
- Leverage public cloud technologies, databases - DynamoDB, serverless (AWS Lambda)
- Drive optimal solution design collaborating with architects and cross-functional teams.
- Independently analyze and resolve production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions.
- Evaluate and interpret requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate solutions.
- Perform code reviews, identify potential issues to reduce technical debt and provide coding best practice recommendations.
- Build and automate repeatable processes to efficiently deploy rate updates into existing rating engine.
- Take ownership of tasks and deliver with limited supervision while using own discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the delivery of the product.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years of experience in Python
- 3+ years of backend development
- 3+ years of experience with AWS platform using services such as S3, IAM, Lambda
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB)
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
- Experience with micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker)
- Working knowledge of GIT and managing branching strategies - code migrations and version control.
- Strong T-SQL skills, with knowledge of database design, objects, and query tuning.
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently.
- A desire to build tools and applications to automate work.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail; strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodology
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or equivalent experience.
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are eligible for the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: