You are driven by providing scalable, performant, and reliable solutions to make a direct impact on day-to-day uptime and operations, as well as future growth for VSCO. You understand the difficulties of shipping code, and you are always looking for ways to improve our engineering teams’ efficiency. You value teamwork, enjoy collaboration, and want to help your teammates grow.
VSCO is looking for a senior engineer to join our Infrastructure team in building and running our systems and applications environments. Our team is lean and nimble, so you will collaborate closely on technical leadership to play a significant role in defining and building our scalable, reliable infrastructure and helping to improve the lives of our engineers through internal tools. You’re a teammate that is eager to learn, willing to teach, and ready to dig into issues and take initiative.
- Be responsible for infrastructure stability and uptime, alongside our infrastructure team
- Participate in our on-call rotation responding to production issues
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, implement, maintain and improve our infrastructure and tools
- Do code reviews and provide feedback on design documents and architectural decisions
- Help and guide our engineering teams with their infrastructure needs
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years applicable experience working in small dev teams
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex production issues, including network-related ones, as well as helping identify and prioritize their remediations
- Excellent communication skills: you are excited to explain complex systems and concepts to different types of audiences
- Experience leading technical architecture discussions and driving decisions within your team, as well as understanding the tradeoffs between different solutions
- Strong experience automating operational processes
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar orchestration platforms)
- Experience with Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins and/or other automation tools
- Experienced with programming languages like Go, PHP, NodeJS, Java, Ruby, Python
Nice to have
- Experience with the Hashicorp tool suite (Vagrant, Terraform, Packer, Consul)
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with CDNs and caching best practices
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with tracing
- A personal connection to photography and/or art
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
Equity, health, vision, dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, Creative Fridays, and a quarterly “Hack Week” to foster engineering ingenuity!
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating what makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: