About the team
Functionally, we are responsible for orchestrating the following major product areas pertaining to both online and offline playbacks:
- Deliver a personalized set of audio/video/timedtext tracks along with their CDN urls so devices can decode and render the playback
- Deliver keys to securely decrypt the assets
- Collect, and enrich data pertaining to every playback session
See below for highlights of some of the team’s work:
- Why we built an Evolutionary Architecture (conference talk)
- Keeping Netflix Reliable using prioritized load shedding (tech blog)
- Become an expert in API design, by evolving our device to server communication technologies (GraphQL, RPCs, binary protocols, and bidirectional streaming APIs)
- Directly impact product functionality like experimenting with APIs spanning playbacks within UI (mobile previews, trailers etc) and
- Build infrastructure to improve our systems availability and resiliency to scale for 5x workloads.
To be successful in the role, you will need to
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, scalable design
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations and support)
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and technical partners
- Communicate technical ideas and direction in cross-functional settings
- Take end-to-end ownership of major features and components: from inception to deployment
- Have sharp attention to detail and openness to critique through code and design reviews
We are looking for the following skillset
- Object-oriented design and programming skills
- Experience running services in production or eager to grow in the backend space
- Expertise in data modelling for different business domains, specifically when domains are evolving continuously
- Familiarity with large scale design principles.
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation based feature development
- Experience with different API design technologies such as GraphQL/RPC/REST
- Exposure to HTTP/2 and designing bi-directional streaming APIs
- Utilizing NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, HBase, Redis etc.) in modeling and evolving domain-specific application data.
- Experience using Pub-sub (Kafka) and stream processing (Spark/Flink/Cloud Dataflow/etc) systems
- Understanding of the complexities (such as fragmentations, resource constraints) of a device ecosystem (such as android or TV)
- Familiarity with Cloud-based architectures (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Netflix values freedom and responsibility, among other things. You can learn more via our culture memo.
Share this listing:
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address,.
Our 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Database engineer.What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovative digital pr
Remote- United States*Candidate must currently reside in U.S. Pacific or Mountain Time zones*https://www.friendbuy.com/https://www.linkedin.com/company/friendbuy/about/Software Engineer, Integrations- RemoteFriendbuy is reinventing the oldest marketing channel ever known: word-of
Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for loc
About Extend:Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond ou
More jobs by this company
Remote, United StatesNetflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, a