Excel Impact, named one of the nation’s fastest growing companies 3-years running, has a Web Application/Low-Code Developer opening for our engineering team!
You can be a part of our industry-leading team, who are working to simplify and transform how people navigate the insurance buying process.
We are looking for a rock solid Low code Developer (Mendix/Outsystems/Power Apps/Salesforce) to help accelerate and improve our development team. You will bring your development skills and expertise to help shape the company's success by building and improving applications using Low-Code/No-Code technologies/systems such as Salesforce, Outsystems, Mendix, Microsoft Power Apps, etc.
We place a high value on creating a talented team, and because of that, we make sure to offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, remote environment, generous time-off policy, and an environment of results-oriented self-sufficiency.
Excel Impact was founded to solve two key issues:
- Purchasing insurance is too confusing for the average person to easily navigate and understand
- The insurance companies can’t efficiently connect with a person searching for a product or solution they offer
The solution? A best-in-class, award-winning marketplace that connects the companies and the solutions they offer with people who are searching for a better insurance experience. Our proprietary ImpactNavigation® platform technology utilizes machine learning, data science, and intelligent-marketing to guide & match interested customers with their best-match insurance solutions.
What will you do?
- Create/Develop the next big thing for the insurance industry using low-code/no-code. Co-create scalable web applications and workflows with other engineers and business stakeholders through active participation in an agile development process, using mainly low-code platforms such as Salesforce, OutSystems, Mendix, Microsoft Power Apps, etc.
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to identify best-fit implementation for technical challenges.
- Independently propose and create solutions to improve our development processes and product quality by introducing new approaches, techniques, and implementations
- Perform or review systems analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging and documentation to ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and well-performant
- Introduce and improve automated testing capabilities as part of our SDLC
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others
- Effectively diagnose issues and provide prompt resolutions
- Deploy code changes to different testing and production environments
- Help introduce enhancements to the product in a proactive fashion
- Assist in back-end and API integration development using standard programming practices
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to continuously improve our development methodologies
What are the requirements?
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time full-stack development outside of Salesforce/Low-code ecosystem
- Minimum 1 year of full-time professional development using low-code platforms
- Ability to undertake projects from ideation to deployment without direct oversight, formalizing processes and best practices along the way.
- Ability to innovate and inspire others to innovate.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly with enthusiasm.
- Attention to details and passion for quality
- Strong team working skills; good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills. Ability to self-manage.
- Experience developing cloud-native software solutions.
- Salesforce developer certification or similar
What do we look for?
Mastery of backend development using PHP/C#/Java/Python
- Experience developing in Salesforce/Mendix/Outsystems/Power Apps or other low-code platform.
- Mastery of technologies relevant to low-code development such as APEX and SOQL/SQL.
- Strong knowledge developing cloud-native applications, including API integrations, queues, data streaming, Docker/containers, microservices, etc.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful web services and APIs. Strong knowledge of JSON/XML
- Strong collaboration with other teams
- Strong working knowledge of version control using Git
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines for orchestration (Gitlab, CircleCI, etc)
- Strong understanding of database technologies, specifically relational (MySQL, Postgres, etc.) and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis/Memcached, etc.)
- Experience with automated software testing.
- Bash knowledge is very nice to have
- Bonus: Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Bonus: Experience with multiple low-code platforms
- Bonus: AWS certification or equivalent
- Bonus: Data transformation/ETL experience
What do we offer you?
- Competitive base salary
- Health care, dental & vision benefits
- Sizable yearly bonus structure
- Over 1-month cumulative time-off with vacation and personal days
- Remote team culture with strong work/life balance taken seriously.
- A form of equity that can provide substantial monetary payouts based on future events
- Incredible growth and upward mobility opportunities
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Work directly with multiple areas of the company to innovate, create, and make an impact in what you do.
- You are the ‘CEO’ of your own position – you are encouraged and trusted to make decisions in your area of expertise.
Excel Impact was founded on 2013 by three partners looking to change the world of insurance for the better. Through hard-work, an incredible team, and smart execution, we’ve experienced consistent 3-year growth rates between 450% - 11,369%, and have been recognized multiple times one of the fastest growing companies in the United States by INC 500, Deloitte Fast 500, Ernst & Young, among other organizations. We have over 1 million active users on our sites per month, and we are committed to simplifying the world of insurance for everyone.
If you are interested in this opportunity, have a desire to be a part of something BIG while sharpening your skills with the latest and greatest tech, and you’re ready to join one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States – then we look forward to hearing from YOU!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: