Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
A Data Operations Engineer ensures large volumes of data can be searched quickly and secure data is flowing between Podium’s systems. This person would be responsible for functions and tasks that pertain to automation, development, data queue technologies, support, analysis, and performance tuning. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to stretch and pivot into more coding, database technologies, data queue technologies. And also a great fit for someone who aspires to use their ElasticSearch skills within an environment that encourages coding/automation to avoid repetitive work.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure the Elasticsearch clusters are healthy and functional
- Provide technical oversight of the Elasticsearch implementations
- Implement upgrades and new capabilities
- Provide support of ELKs self-service, indexing, searching, visualization capabilities
- Administer capacity planning and performance tuning
- Ensure appropriate monitoring & alerting of Elasticsearch
What you should have:
- 3+ years experience with implementation and optimization of ElasticSearch
- Experience with cloud development, preferably AWS
- Strong experience with evaluating existing Elastic clusters, configuration parameters, indexing, search and query performance tuning, security and administration
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and strong problem solving with a common-sense approach to resolving problems
What we hope you have:
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL, redis, Couchbase, or Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- Experience with Kafka environment builds, including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring
- Experience with Elixir
- Transparent culture - one of our 3 values is “murder drama,” and we believe it.
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance).
- Remote-first work for Engineering & Product.
- Yearly home office upgrade stipend.
- 1+ gatherings a year bringing all of engineering together.
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan.
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Swag. Lots of swag.
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Neustar is an information services and technology company and a leader in identity resolution providing the data and technology that enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar
About us:Wiser Solutions is a suite of in-store and eCommerce intelligence and execution tools. We're on a mission to enable brands, retailers, and retail channel partners to gather intelligence and automate actions to optimize pricing, marketing, and operations initiatives, both
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address,.
Our 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Database engineer.What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovative digital pr
Remote- United States*Candidate must currently reside in U.S. Pacific or Mountain Time zones*https://www.friendbuy.com/https://www.linkedin.com/company/friendbuy/about/Software Engineer, Integrations- RemoteFriendbuy is reinventing the oldest marketing channel ever known: word-of