Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet in a home and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo and many more, and we are just getting started. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners - they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems.
We know that what got us here will not be enough to take us to the next level of Prenda’s growth, so we are rebuilding the organization. To support thousands of guides and tens of thousands of students, we need to use technology and scalable methods borrowed from consumer marketplace companies. That means leading teams that grow quickly and get a lot done.
Are you ready to ready to use your skills to help us on this journey? Click here to read why our CEO thinks you should work at Prenda.
Our Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for leading teams who are designing and improving software that helps our Guides, Students, and Parents teams. Prenda is a 100% remote company, but teams get together quarterly to meet in person.
Prenda believes in a Human-Centered approach and empowering autonomous product experience teams to prioritize work and deliver value to their customers. You will be working with engineers on cross-functional teams including product managers and UX designers who all share the same focus: developing empathy for our internal and external customers through qualitative and quantitative research and using that knowledge to consider what problems to solve and how best to solve them.
We are looking for a lead who is experienced, empathetic, and results-oriented. Our Ideal candidate is someone who is relentlessly curious, isn’t afraid to question conventional wisdom, and is open to the best solution regardless of its source.
- Expert Principal Architect
- Interface with leadership team
- Manage a team of developers
- Oversee clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support testing and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Proven experience as a Principal Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience with full stack web development
- Experience with React, TypeScript & Node.js
- Experience with data modeling (NoSQL & relational)
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
Helpful to have
- Experience with Meteor
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with mobile app development
- Experience in education tech
- Competitive salary combined with potential equity
- Tax-advantaged health insurance reimbursement
- Work-from-home stipend
- Entirely remote team
Prenda is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Prenda recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location: Remote*No C2C* Job Posting Title: Application ArchitectDescription: This Architect would be leading an Enterprise team who builds best in class APIs/microservices. Need to have the ability to work well with others in various roles (other application architects, soluti
This position is open to fully remote work.What You'll Do: You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systemsBe part of an Agile scrum team invested in making each other successful and consis
The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a s
Overview:The data analyst designs, implements, and documents data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases. The Data steward will populate the data catalog meta data and managing standard business definitions.
Founded in 2012 as the first RESTful API for shipping, EasyPost, a YC unicorn, handles the scale that comes with success. EasyPost is helping e-commerce companies with accurate tracking and logistics. EasyPost pushes boundaries and changes the status quo through our RESTful API,.