Agnos is a healthcare-focused technology consultancy. We are building solutions that improve the life of patients and their providers by making empathy central to our design and development. Our partnership with medical practices and other healthcare tech companies has helped raise the bar for product development and service delivery in an industry that is full of untapped opportunities.
As VP of Engineering, you have a great opportunity to drive innovation and shape the technological landscape for us. You will be overseeing a large engineering department with multiple product offerings, consisting of a diverse team of high-performing, on-shore, and off-shore engineers. As VP of Engineering, you will be using your years of experience to help scale and modernize the technology that underpins our software offerings. As a key leader, you will be expected to assist with supporting and improving existing systems, supporting the development of next-generation systems, maturing software development practices, recruiting top talent, working closely with business stakeholders, and delivering award-winning healthcare SaaS solutions for our customers.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB HOLD FOR YOU?
- Deliver thoughtful leadership, coach and mentor direct reports, and help facilitate a compelling vision for our product offerings.
- Gain a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions.
- Identify gaps or deficiencies in the existing product or processes and advocate for the necessary changes to address them.
- Work to ensure that the system meets our project’s quality, security, scalability, and performance standards.
- Bring out-of-the-box ideas to improve system performance and stability and collaborate on architectural design decisions.
- Recruit high-performing, passionate leaders and engineers and create a culture of continuous learning.
- Collaborate with the company's executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Establish and implement the strategic direction of the company's engineering and development initiatives.
- Ability to oversee multiple, high-profile initiatives, develop strong partnerships, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment that values challenging the status quo.
- 8+ years of experience developing performant, scalable, web-based applications, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years of leadership experience, leading a successful engineering team.
- You have experience using SQL databases, document databases (such as MongoDB), ElasticSearch, and/or Redis.
- You have a deep understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure as well as continuous deployment and integration patterns.
- You are goal-oriented, self-motivated, and able to be successful in a schedule-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You have strong practical experience building RESTful microservices, event-based distributed systems, and have successfully led teams to deliver solutions at scale.
- You like to be on cutting-edge technologies and lead application modernization efforts.
- You're a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough programming problems.
- You have a broad set of management skills, including building teams with a diverse set of backgrounds and growing other managers.
- You are comfortable leading and/or managing hybrid teams of onshore, offshore, and remote managers/developers.
- You care deeply about the quality of the software you ship.
- You take a strong sense of ownership in the business and are excited to collaborate with leaders across the organization to succeed together.
- You possess excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline or commensurate experience.
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry is preferred, leading/developing Electronics Healthcare Record, Revenue Cycle Management System, Electronic Data Interchange, and related systems.
- Knowledge about Kafka and Memcached technologies is a plus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- We recognize the importance of benefits and wellness for employees and their families. In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed for employees’ individual needs (including domestic partners).
- Ability to work remotely from the comfort of your home.
- Healthcare – A choice of medical plans designed to meet your individual needs(Dental & vision)
- 401(K) with company match
- Flexible spending accounts (health & dependent care)
- Company-paid life insurance (accidental and supplemental coverage at low cost)
- Company-paid Short and Long term disability Voluntary benefits
- Flexible PTO and Paid Holidays
- Computing Hardware and training material
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location: Remote*No C2C* Job Posting Title: Application ArchitectDescription: This Architect would be leading an Enterprise team who builds best in class APIs/microservices. Need to have the ability to work well with others in various roles (other application architects, soluti
This position is open to fully remote work.What You'll Do: You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systemsBe part of an Agile scrum team invested in making each other successful and consis
The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a s
Overview:The data analyst designs, implements, and documents data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases. The Data steward will populate the data catalog meta data and managing standard business definitions.
Founded in 2012 as the first RESTful API for shipping, EasyPost, a YC unicorn, handles the scale that comes with success. EasyPost is helping e-commerce companies with accurate tracking and logistics. EasyPost pushes boundaries and changes the status quo through our RESTful API,.
More jobs by this company
ABOUT US:Agnos is a healthcare-focused technology consultancy. We are building solutions that improve the life of patients and their providers by making empathy central to our design and development. Our partnership with medical practices and other healthcare tech companies has h