We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to assist our rapidly growing customer base. As part of our customer support team you will be the primary point of contact for Couchbase customers for all technical issues.
NoSQL databases are the answer to the demand for high speed, highly available, extremely dynamic data storage and Couchbase is at the forefront of this technology. Working in Couchbase Technical Support you’ll acquire highly coveted skills, essential to this technology, by navigating the world of NoSQL databases and the "big data" eco system. This includes working with Golang, learning about the principals and concepts of distributed systems, understanding what goes into good NoSQL database design, mobile data convergence, and becoming proficient in the best practices for building NoSQL-backed applications.
- Work with our customers during implementation and production of their Couchbase Server-based applications
- Troubleshoot and research customer issues. These can range from development time SDK questions to performance tuning or failure analysis
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis. This may include writing or modifying code or simulating node failure situations
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles or knowledge-base entries, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds or best practices
- 5+ years of experience working with users/developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues for backend infrastructure applications (e.g. databases, application servers, Hypervisors, etc.)
- 5+ years experience managing and troubleshooting Linux and Windows systems.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Strong Unix/Linux administration skills
- Strong programming experience in one of the following languages: Java/C/Python
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high-performance systems
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for pinning down technical issues, and solving problems
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- Working hours for this role varies depending on coverage. From Monday to Friday with starting time between 8:00 and 11:00 until 17:00 and 20:00.
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
- A fantastic culture
- A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
- True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
- Great market opportunity and growth potential
- Time off when you need it.
- Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
- Open, collaborative spaces.
- Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
- 2020 Bay Area Best Place to Work
- Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020
- Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019
- Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018
- Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB
- Compare Couchbase vs. Oracle
- Browse the Developer Portal
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Filecoin Engineer - Decentralized Storage (Web3)Software Engineer - FilecoinAbout the Role:Filebase is seeking an experienced senior-level Software Engineer with solid experience using the Filecoin network. You will be working alongside our founding team to further build out our.
Morgan 6 is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field based in Charleston, SC. Our mission is to expertly apply state of the art technology to improve the lives of Warriors – past, present, and future. Our core solutions include Software Engineering and Agil
Piper Companies is looking for a Senior Data Modeler for a leading financial services organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.This is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Senior Data Modeler include:You will design, implement, and document data architecture and data mo
Piper Companies is looking for an Data Analyst for a leading financial services organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.This is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Data Analyst include:You will design, implement, and document data architecture and data modeling soluti
CallMiner platforms provide speech, video and voice analytics to our customers and partners so that together we can drive positive experiences and profound business change.You will be involved in planning, designing, developing, and implementing new products and features into our