Second Wave Delivery Systems, LLC (SWDS) is determined to improve clinical outcomes in the United States while addressing the rising costs of healthcare. We are developing a technology-enabled, integrated system tailored to optimize value-based arrangements for payors and providers serving Medicare and Medicaid enrollees. Through an increased focus on primary and preventive care, we strive to provide patients with significantly better outcomes and satisfaction in each community we serve.
The Technology organization at SWDS is responsible for building the next generation of value-based healthcare management and optimization through a family of systems and the foundational technologies required to support SWDS’ ambitious mission. Predicated on the latest technologies and built upon a mantra of Engineering and Operational Excellence, we develop mission-critical applications and infrastructure quickly, reliably, and while having fun. We strive to grow, foster, and maintain an entrepreneurial, diverse, collaborative, and flexible team and structure. As a fully remote, fast-paced, and quickly growing organization, we are always looking for talented, passionate, and ambitious individuals who seek to solve exciting and challenging technology problems while having a transformative impact on US healthcare.
Core values and ways of working
- We are a tight group of engineers focusing on engineering and operational excellence while delivering high quality solutions to our clients and business partners
- We take great pride in our team and the products we deliver, and treat both with utmost respect and care
- We are firm believers in engineering high-quality, fault-tolerant systems that scale with business needs with minimal unforeseen disruption
- We value great work and great ideas, not ego. We're looking for talented individuals that are accustomed to working within a fast-paced environment and want to ship often to make an impact
- Build new products or improve existing ones in collaboration with your team and adjacent engineering teams
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback while quickly actioning feedback from code reviews conducted on your code
- Knowledge share with and learn alongside your team
- Share project updates and insights
- Participate in routine meetings and rituals including but not limited to Standups, IPMs, Sprint planning sessions, Retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and product demonstrations
- Participate in interviewing and onboarding of new team members
- Active participation in the developer community, including but not limited to the PHP, Open Source and Symfony communities
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Simple IRA matching
- Paid time off
- 7+ years of work experience in software engineering, including proven hands-on technical leadership experience managing software engineering teams or projects within an engineering organization
- Strong coding experience with PHP 7+
- Intimate knowledge of and ability to implement unit, integration, and functional testing strategies
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance, and thinking strategically and analytically to solve problems
- Friendly communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse team setting
- Demonstrated experience working with many cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated experience leading a software product or component vision and delivery plan
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Strong working experience with Symfony 4+
- Advanced familiarity with the Doctrine ORM and relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of OOP and Solid principles
- Familiarity with Design and Architecture patterns
- Proven track record building large-scale, long-term systems from scratch
- Experience with Gitflow workflow, CI/CD pipelines, and Cloud Native platforms (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience modeling complex domains (DDD)
- Experience building distributed and fault tolerant Microservices and APIs
- You are located in the United States and are eligible to work for a US employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Zivtech is a Philadelphia based technology services firm that designs and builds innovative web products and applications. Our clients range from startups, to large non-profits, to Fortune 500 companies. We help mission-driven organizations adapt and.
About usPromet Source is a global web and mobile application development company delivering full service high-value consulting and software development solutions. As a leading technology provider of web services, we focus on complex web development,.
Facebook is seeking talented full-stack Software Engineers who are interested in an opportunity to join our one-year Rotational Engineering Program, consisting of two rotations, helping us build applications & systems that will scale the company and.
We are looking for a Full Stack PHP Laravel Developer. Majority of the role involves working with specs as well as myself (Product Owner) to develop core aspects of a reservation management and marketplace platform.More About The RoleStart up type project.