SportsRecruits is a platform that provides clubs, student-athletes and their families access to every college coach in the country. Club and high school organizations use our platform to empower their student-athletes in the recruiting process and oversee their efforts and communication with complete transparency. Connections made on the platform have resulted in commitments to the best academic and athletic institutions across the country.
About the Position
We are a team of fun, intelligent, happy, and hardworking co-workers who enjoy collaborating to build the best-in-class tools our customers deserve. We also host virtual happy hours, trivia and organize annual team building activities in/around New York City. We are profitable, funded and giving more high school athletes the ability to play college athletics than any other recruiting tool out there. Your input and coding/problem solving skills will make a direct impact in how we scale and grow the company.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team working either on our remote distributed team or in our Brooklyn, NYC office. Working remotely you would be expected to be able to travel to NYC a few times per year for team building events. Our current team is a mix of remote and in-office (currently all working from home due to COVID-19). You will contribute to solving complex problems that will make our platform even better at connecting thousands of student athletes and college programs. Some interesting projects we’ve recently worked on are:
- New, in-browser video clipping and editing for making highlight reels
- Robust player search for college coaches
- React-native based hybrid iOS/Android app for recruiting events scheduling
- Tools to intelligently automatically merge duplicate user data
Our main backend technology is Laravel (a modern PHP framework), while on the frontend we use VueJS for our web application and React Native for our EventBeacon mobile app.
- Write quality OOP code and follow existing development standards
- Implement responsive components based on design specs using a combination of JS (Vue/React) and Tailwind CSS
- Write unit tests for your own code
- Work with the rest of the team to discuss best approaches for projects in the pipeline
- Be involved in discussing projects' business objectives and how the team should schedule a project's releases to best meet them.
- 2+ years developing web based applications
- PHP knowledge and experience is required (Laravel strongly preferred)
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- MySQL knowledge required, Redis or MongoDB a plus
- Experience writing automated tests is a huge plus
- Version control with Git
- Experience working with bug tracking systems including JIRA
- Comfortable with Linux environments including basic sysadmin responsibilities
- Be a self starter and a problem solver
- Daily standups and weekly “Product development team meetings” give everyone on the team a voice into what products we’re building, what we are tracking and what tools we are using.
- Our monthly all hands presentations keep everyone in the loop with what is happening across all departments within the company
- Friday (virtual) team happy hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
This is a full time position available as remote or in NYC, no freelancers please. Principals only, no recruiters please.
SportsRecruits is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and equal opportunity on our team. Just like the student-athletes we support, we are trying to get better and stronger as a team everyday. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strongly believe that the more inclusive our team is, the better we can serve all student-athletes, as well as their families and coaches, who are pursuing their dreams.
Learn more about us at sportsrecruits.com.
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: