ActioNet is looking for a Drupal Developer with a Public Trust Clearance, located in Washington, DC. This position is also remote.
- Responsible for development of Drupal sites and updates to the existing sites as required by customers.
- Custom programming and web application development for Drupal
- Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing company sites
- Contributing ideas and efforts towards internal projects and working as part of a team to find solutions on various problems
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- Strong product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customer (i.e. executives, managers, and subject matter experts).
Understanding of key server-side web development concepts through experiences with:
- Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces.
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the clients region or domain.
- Conducting observational user testing, or reviewing designs against usability heuristics
- Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
- Knowledge of the semantic meaning of all HTML elements.
- Familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc.
- Knowledge of markup used for layout such as dividers.
- Familiarity with modifying Drupal Theme hooks to display data
- Understanding how to utilize PHP to filter, process and output html, json, xml
- Specifying different CSS for various media, devices and displays.
- Best practices in CSS file organization and structure.
- Methods for including CSS inline, internal and external via linked style sheets.
- Ability to define, combine and group CSS selectors for HTML elements, ID, classes, pseudo classes, child or sibling.
- Knowledge of the operators, variables, datatypes, objects, properties and methods.
- Familiarity with control structures such as objects, functions, conditional statements, arrays, loops and expressions.
- Forms and regular expression validation and submitting data.
- Knowledge of the DOM HTML objects and their properties.
- Event handling.
- Creating and controlling windows and dialogs.
- Knowledge of Processes for troubleshooting and debugging
- Familiarity with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues.
- Knowledge of how to employ the jQuery library for visual effects, event handling, and document manipulation.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field (or combined with related experience)
- Minimum 2 years of Drupal programming experience (samples of applications that you have worked on are a plus)
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: