Who We Are
Join a team dedicated to using technology to improving the lives of our customers. FACS has built a highly abstracted and flexible digital document management system tailored to the construction industry. Many of our clients are stuck using old paper processes and are thrilled when technology is adopted to reduce the administrative effort. We primarily work with Departments of Transportation and construction management firms in the United States, providing them with highly customizable forms in the cloud for desktop and mobile devices.
We focus on building a great product, supporting our team and improving our clients lives through the use of technology. Our development environment is an Agile variation where we encourage each member to create their own plans and estimates for each development project and support them in their efforts to ensure we move at a steady and controlled pace. We find taking regular breaks from work helps us recharge and provide a better product, which is why we encourage time off (providing a combined 25 PTO + paid holiday days annually) for our team. We also offer flexible working schedules; when work can be completed on your schedule we find it keeps the stress level very low.
We cultivate a positive environment and support each other - we are one team. We encourage new ideas, questions and suggestions. We thrive on the fact that the work we complete each day makes a direct impact to our users - our team members are not small cogs in a large machine, they are the driving force of change and provide a positive impact to our customers everyday.
FACS is looking for an experienced Senior Fullstack Laravel Engineer to join our team full time. We have a complex and versatile product that has grown significantly over the past three years. We have some ambitious goals set for this year and need smart and capable engineers to scale the platform, squash bugs, and improve the product.
Participate as an individual contributor, plan, and estimate your work well and communicate efficiently to keep the team moving forward. Responsibilities include;
- Take ownership of developing new features and enhancements in an existing, complex system.
- Refactor and redesign inefficient code and architecture.
- Aid in fixing bugs and writing unit tests.
- Provide input on architectural decisions to improve performance and scale the platform.
- Debug errors and create tickets in Jira.
- Deploy releases to QA and production environments.
- Be an advocate for improving our development process and stack.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently to prevent delays and disruptions.
- Be flexible and reasonable when deciding to write good code, building out a prototype, or completing an urgent client request.
- Track work in Jira and document features in Confluence.
- Participate in company meetings and video calls.
- Work efficiently and undisturbed, remotely.
- General Programming Experience - 7 years
- PHP 7.0+ - 6 years
- Advanced to expert experience with PHP: Candidate should have built multiple projects from the ground up.
- Experience building modular code -reused in complex SPAs. Vanilla JS experience required. Experience working with VueJS is highly desired.
- PostgreSQL - 5 years
- Experience designing relational databases, using schemas, views, and writing functions. Understanding of query performance and identifying inefficiencies. Experience with abstracted database architectures (EAV models) highly desired.
- HTML & CSS - 5 years
- Expert command of raw HTML and CSS.
- Linux - 4 years
- Experience navigating a server, managing services, processes, and resources. Installing/managing APT packages, configuring Apache hosts, php modules, redis, and other services.
- Laravel - 4 years
- Strong understanding of the Laravel framework, having worked on at least 2 projects. Strong understanding of composer and dependency management desired.
- Git - 3 years
- Commands a strong understanding of version control basics, including branching, rebasing, and the development lifecycle using a version control system.
- AWS Cloud Services - 2 years
We are looking for a veteran PHP developer with strong design principles (DRY, SOLID, etc), a firm understanding of OOP, and a passion for building and improving complex systems. They must be pragmatic, have a positive attitude, and be comfortable working in a small team where their work is highly visible and plays a significant impact on the company and clients. They must be a team player who is excited and ready for the effort they put in to have a positive impact on our customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: