Validere is a leading data and analytics SaaS provider for accelerating the energy transition. We’re on a mission to digitally transform the world’s largest supply chain to be commercially and environmentally efficient. Our Product Data Cloud enables energy companies to aggregate all product data sources into a single source of truth rapidly and seamlessly. Over 40 leading energy companies have partnered with Validere to identify new, hidden sources of value across the business. Our unique datasets and experts across data science, physical science, and oil and gas provide our clients a company-wide value engine that boosts commercial margins, reduces operational costs and risks, and ensures meaningful environmental progress.
Founded at Harvard University, Validere has since raised $70M+ from leading technology and energy investors, including Mercuria Energy America, BlackRock, Wing VC, Greylock Partners, and Y Combinator. With offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto, our 100+ employees focus every day on delivering the highest value, removing friction, and scaling results for every one of our customers.
Who you are:
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Data Engineer with a passion for solving complex problems related to data ingress and automation. Above all, we’re looking for someone who is driven and excited about the positive impact technology can have on business.
Let’s give you a purpose:
- Write code to automate ingestion and transformation of data from different sources (from conception to production)
- Design, build, and own highly resilient data processing jobs
- Build systems that represent real-world intricacies of physical commodities
- Collaborate with Services team to identify and map different data sources
- Participate in code reviews to push for high quality and coding standards
Our tech stack:
- Platform: Python, AWS (Airflow, Lambda, EKS, etc), Postgres, Redis, Docker, GraphQL, Terraform, Prometheus
What you'll bring along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or extensive practical experience with software development
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment such as a startup or rapidly growing company
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency in Python (numpy, scipy, panda) and SQL
- Comfortable working in Linux and writing shell scripts
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Docker
We love it here, you will too:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- RRSP/401(k) matching programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Our shared values:
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Everyday is more scalable
- Be well, fair & transparent
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About the jobThe Red Hat Products and Technologies (PnT) Business Insights team is looking for a skilled and well-rounded engineer with excellent programming skills and the ability to partner with internal stakeholders to propose solutions to join us.
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience.
Job Title:MLOPS Engineer IIIDepartment:IT, Telecom & InternetCountry:United States of AmericaState/Province:ArkansasCity:LowellFull/Part Time:Full timeJob Summary:"J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential..
Who We AreExai Bio (exai.bio) is an early-stage diagnostic company with a powerful oncRNA and AI-based liquid biopsy platform. Our proprietary technology delivers unprecedented insight into cancer and disease biology from standard, non-invasive blood.
You are…Creative, innovative, and looking for the right environment to thrive. Sure, you have the experience and skills to shine, but more importantly, you’re a competent learner who works well in an Agile environment. In short, you’re looking for a.
More jobs by this company
Who we are:Validere is a leading data and analytics SaaS provider for accelerating the energy transition. We’re on a mission to digitally transform the world’s largest supply chain to be commercially and environmentally efficient. Our Product Data Cloud.