As a Data Scientist you will apply your skills in programming, modeling, AI and machine learning to cutting-edge problem-solving in financial services using predictive and prescriptive analytics. You will work to develop the right set of questions and hypotheses, using the appropriate tools and skills to derive the best information to address both internal and external customer needs.
You will bring technical expertise in data science, forecasting, and optimization methods and experience with implementation of ML. You will focus on developing and delivering machine learning and time series models and optimization solutions that drive business optimization, operational efficiency, and innovation.
The scope of work will be central to critical aspects of the credit union’s success, such as optimizing member engagement; evaluating credit risk, underwriting practices and product pricing; predicting delinquencies; targeted marketing; providing early warning signs of member attrition and actions needed; and developing or evaluating new techniques to serve the membership.
- 5+ years business and/or academic experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems with demonstrated independent project responsibility.
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Operations Research, Computer Science, Software Engineering).
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (Python) and SQL.
- Experience with the AZURE ML and AWS ML is a plus but not required.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning and optimization.
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping and carrying out complex data science projects with cross-functional collaboration and quantified results.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- A desire to change the financial world for the better and a real desire to help people find success in life and finances.
- A strong desire to have fun working on very challenging problems. We have a highly collaborative culture of curiosity and celebrating each other's insights and achievements!
- Partner with key business stakeholders to develop ML/AI strategy and roadmap and develop and execute plans to deliver business results.
- Build production machine learning models for our core business; your models will be the basis for lending decisions, product personalization, and marketing strategy.
- Work closely with the Business Development, Branch Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Member Experience teams to shape the future of our products using scientific rigor to build solutions.
- Design, implement, productionize and deploy innovative data science solutions to bring to life data-driven decisions at scale.
- Drive the development and inclusion of new innovative data sources and features, and refine existing data sources and features.
- Uncover psychological and behavioral markers of positive financial outcomes to help educate members, facilitate positive habit formation, and increase the utility of our products and services.
- Communicate your results, analyses, and findings by incorporating them into a larger story, rather than just reporting data and metrics.
- Be a thought pioneer in new and ongoing directions of scientific research and implementation at the company level.
- Assists with more complex strategic credit risk analysis for the credit union's lending portfolio.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. NGFCU offers competitive compensation and a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, AD&D, and a 401(k) profit sharing plan with employer matching.
For consideration, please submit a resume and to firstname.lastname@example.org
NGFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary and Perks
- Competitive base salary structure
- Generous incentive opportunities
- Employer matching 401k plan
Health and Welfare
- Medical insurance plans including HMO and PPO options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave Program
- Average of eight paid holidays per year
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Data Scientist IIDescriptionFrontier Communications is looking for a Data Scientist with a strong academic grounding in statistics to join our Data Science team under the Consumer organization.You will get a chance to analyze massive data sets with the.
Posted28-May-2022Service lineGWS SegmentRole typeFull-timeAreas of InterestDigital & Technology/Information TechnologyLocation(s)Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of AmericaData is increasingly becoming the core of what we do in support of our.
Role Summary: The Director of Analytics and Reporting identifies areas of strategic focus and develops analytical approaches and methodologies. Oversees a team of data and reporting analysts that use business data and statistical methods to provide insight.
bright minds | better methods | best outcomeChainalytics, an NTT DATA company, accelerates fact-based transformation for supply chain leaders around the world. Providing world-class consulting and managed analytics services, our competencies are powered.
Further Enterprise Solutions (www.furtherllc.com) is a leading source of technical engineering, end-to-end turnkey solutions, and software development services in the rapidly expanding telecom industry. Founded in 2002 by wireless industry veterans,.