Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- Engage in fast-paced client projects to plan, engineer, & design SCADA and communications systems.
- Develop communication block diagrams, panel layout/bill of material drawings, SCADA AC & DC schematics, fiber detail drawings, & network drawings.
- Provide reviews/design input of P&C drawings for SCADA system requirements.
- Develop points lists for data transferred between RTUs, IEDs, and master station connections.
- Develop configurations for Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) - (SEL RTAC, Novatech OrionLX, SMP Gateway, GE-D20, etc.)
- Develop configurations for programmable automation controllers (PACs) – (SEL-2440/2411, etc.)
- Program Human Machine Interface (HMI) applications (SEL Diagram Builder, Inkscape, Wonderware, etc.)
- Coordinate with relay settings engineers to develop/review communication port settings for protection relays, meters, & other IEDs.
- Develop network device configurations for switches, routers, & firewalls. (Cisco, Siemens Ruggedcomm, SEL, etc.)
- Perform troubleshooting of SCADA system network & communication systems (DNP, Modbus, SEL Protocol, IEC 61850, TCP/IP, UDP) remotely and onsite (if required).
- Develop SCADA system and Network documentation for projects.
- Develop automation tools to improve project efficiency (python, etc.)
- Stage, configure & test integrated systems designs, for interoperability & performance consistent with predictive models in our Protection, Automation & Telecommunication Laboratory.
- Ensure strict adherence to NERC standards for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP).
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other engineers, project managers, client personnel, and suppliers to ensure a complete and timely design.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of Sargent & Lundy’s systems of process and associated “Communities of Practice.”
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices as needed.
Essential skills and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications, or Computer Systems Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in design, configuration, implementation, and troubleshooting of substation SCADA and communication systems.
- Experience with SEL, Novatech, & GE RTUs and software.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN devices and topology.
- Knowledge of DNP, Modbus, SEL, IEC-61850 (MMS/Goose) protocols – serial & IP based.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability & willingness to travel up to 30%.
Professional Engineering (P.E.) License.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications, or Computer Systems Engineering.
- Experience with communication troubleshooting software/hardware (ASE Test Set, Wireshark, etc.)
- Protective relay settings experience (SEL, GE, ABB etc.)
- Radio communications experience.
- Network design credentials, applied knowledge of IP / MPLS.
- Well versed in use of MS Project & Visio.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Familiar with NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards & Cyber-Security.
- CISSP certification.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience.
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANYAs the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management..
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to creating and supplying innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging.
Overview:We are currently searching for a Clinical Informatics Project Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is remote in Bethesda, MDDuties & Responsibilities:.
Job TitleData Analyst, Kaplan University PartnersJob DescriptionIf you are enthusiastic about education, using your skills and talents to help improve people’s lives, and interested in working on a team of professionals at a globally respected education.
More jobs by this company
Overview:Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear.