FocusKPI is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work for our client.
Work Location: Remote
Duration: 6 months+ contract with potential for extension/conversion
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer with hands-on experience in designing and developing data platforms. You will own the design, development, and maintenance of the client's data platform that will enable us to make effective data-informed decisions across various business disciplines. You will be part of cross-functional efforts with the product, backend engineering, and data science to build a next-level data platform that scales and supports all the client’s business and data products. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact with different functional areas within the business and influence decision-making in a fast-growing mobile communications start-up.
- Own the client’s data warehouse, pipeline, and integration points between various business systems.
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines to ensure data quality and reliability. Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions.
- Explore available technologies and develop solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, and scalability. Perform capacity planning and cost estimates of proposed solutions.
- Design, Develop and support new and existing batch and real-time data pipelines and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Be a champion of the client’s data ecosystem by working with engineering and infrastructure to implement data strategy for governance, security, privacy, quality, and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements.
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and senior-level management. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements.
- Implement the best practices and standards for data definitions.
- Manage data infrastructure to grow and support the Data Science team in relation to the construction of performant ML-based data products.
- Have 8+ years of experience working with data warehouse/data lake and ETL architectures, cloud data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake, RDS), and very strong coding experience in Python, and SQL, preferably at companies with fast-growing and evolving data needs.
- Someone who takes action and ownership with hands-on experience with AWS having at least 5+ years of experience and services like Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, RDS, EC2, etc., and familiarity with schemas, and metadata catalogs, etc.
- Have 4+ years of experience with open-source technologies such as Airflow, and Spark (including pyspark).
- Experience with Python/Airflow-based pipelining is mandatory
- Hands-on experience with designing real-time data streaming pipelines using spark structured Streaming, Kafka, and/or Kinesis is a plus.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with the support of the team. Highly organized, structured work approach, and dependable. Expected ability to communicate and collaborate on data engineering tasks with internal partners.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves improving the performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data.
FocusKPI Hiring Team
Founded in 2010, FocusKPI, Inc. (FocusKPI) is a data science and technology firm specializing in predictive analytics practice and methodologies. FocusKPI is a US company headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with an East Coast office in Boston, Massachusetts.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job Description :Vast understanding of Pip, Flask, NumPy, Anaconda, PyCharm, or similar tool stack and ability to coach junior developers on their usageHands on experience in PostgreSQLPayment Gateway integration experienceHaving depth knowledge on asynchronous.
1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, emails, and SMS messages. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools,.
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across.
We are looking for a Python Developer with Hadoop, Oracle DB, RedHat Linux environment experience.ResponsibilitiesWrite effective, scalable codeDevelop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performanceIntegrate user-facing elements.
Our client, a leader in consumer intelligence solutions, is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer(python), who will work closely with data scientists and engineers.The ideal candidate has excellent problem-solving abilities, programming skills and a.
More jobs by this company
FocusKPI is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work for our client.Work Location: RemoteDuration: 6 months+ contract with potential for extension/conversionOur client is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer with hands-on experience in designing.
FocusKPI, Inc. is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to work for our client.Work Location: Remote, preference for candidates to be located in NebraskaDuration: 12 monthsResponsibilities:Design, build and maintain complex BI reports, scorecards,.
FocusKPI, Inc. is looking for an Senior Software Engineer to work for our client.Work Location: Bay Area (would be remote until offices open), high potential to convert at end of assignment (based on performance)Duration: 12 months.Responsibilities:Design.
FocusKPI, Inc. is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work for our client.Work Location: Open to remote - Must work PST hoursDuration: 12 months contractResponsibilities:Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance,.