Posting Number: #1312
Position Title: Data Analyst
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Remote, USA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
The Data Analyst position performs complex technical and analytical work in designing and creating queries and reports to extract data from the State of Oregon’s disease tracking systems. Responsible for complex ad hoc reporting, data mining, data integrity, organizing, analyzing, and summarizing data.
This is a time-limited position funded through December 2022. The position is remote, working with staff located in Washington County, Oregon.
Pay: $71,872 to $88,073 per year. The typical hiring range for this position is $71,872 to $88,073 based on 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a full understanding of the data systems’ strengths and limitations, implications for data analyses, and possible solutions.
- Design, write, and test queries to access data and prepare standard and ad hoc reports to meet specified needs.
- Collect, compile, extract, and organize complex information and data from multiple systems. Collaborating with epidemiologists and the data analytical team, develop analysis, design, and produce a wide range of reports and metrics.
- Create and maintain interactive data products such as dashboards and maps (e.g. Tableau, Rmarkdown).
- Support epidemiologists and strike teams by creating processes to analyze COVID-19 case investigations and outbreaks. Streamline processing data exports for cases and outbreaks.
- Design data quality reports that include analysis of internal public health data. Analyze, evaluate, and recommend modifications to methods and procedures related to departmental operations and goals; make recommendations based on research and exploratory data analysis.
- Develop written protocols, operating procedures, and end-user manuals and instructions on data systems.
- Investigate and resolve data, reporting, and system inconsistencies; develop and implement workflow, data entry, collection, and reporting procedures.
- May serve as an integral member of a research or study team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in data analysis, statistics, programming, operational analysis, or a related field that included performing analysis, statistical evaluation, database design, maintenance, administration, and statistical reporting.
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate or complex data questions.
- Experience with validating and auditing data.
- Experience working with disparate sources of data and large databases.
- Experience handling multiple projects while successfully meeting project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in biostatistics, computer science, data science, or a related field demonstrating the capacity for the required knowledge and skills; or you can substitute with four additional years of related experience.
- Intermediate skills in one or more of the following: R, Python, SAS, SQL, or VBA.
- Well-versed in data extraction, quality improvement, validation, and visualization.
- Ability to follow the operating procedures and policies within the work unit.
- Experience with Tableau is highly desired.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, including mathematical modeling, linear, multiple and logistic regression is a plus.
- Governmental public health work is a plus.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- The offer of this position is conditional upon an applicant’s successful completion of background check.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS
This position is classified as exempt based on the job duties. However, based on the FTE, salary level of the employee, or federal/state/local laws, the employee may be classified as nonexempt.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Public Health Institute is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruitment Team at least 48 hours in advance at Recruitment@phi.org.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Sirius Federal, LLC is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers across.
The Senior Software developer position will be working in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies to deliver solutions used to differentiate our products and services. This is an opportunity to be a driving force in our SDN.
Travel Required: NoneRequisition Type: RegularGDIT’s Early Talent & Diversity Program is designed with you in mind! Our new graduate opportunities are intended for recent college graduates with 0-1 year of professional work experience. At GDIT, every.
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide.
Piper Enterprise Solutions is searching for a Software Engineers (all experience levels) for a healthcare data and information company. These are 100% remote positions.Responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer:The Software Engineers will be working.
Description & QualificationsDescriptionThe Technical Support Consultant will be an integral part of our customers' journey from before they purchase our product, all the way through to our Post Go-Live services on the HR Service Delivery Team (UKG Pro.
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a Data Engineer to play a critical role in the development of WEX's enterprise data & analytics capabilities. You will be part of an organization focusing on the development and delivery of data solutions and capabilities.
ADTRAV Travel Management, founded in 1977, has over four decades of experience in managing corporate, government, vacation, group, meetings, and incentive travel programs across the United States. We have experienced steady growth throughout our history.
We are looking for a Data Engineer having demonstrated experience with Infor BIRST developmentIndustry experience working with data, coding, scripting (Python, etc) designing and testing, especially with Visualization toolsFluent in writing, executing,.
Dauntless Discovery is continuing to grow and we’re looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to our Data Services team! The ideal candidate will be someone with solid experience in RelativityOne and SQL, with Python/coding experience being a plus as well..