Data Engineering Lead
What you'll Do:
Gartner is looking for a Data engineering lead focusing on Data platforms / pipelines and Machine learning. This person will be a part of a team of Data Engineers supporting Gartner’s data platforms. This includes working closely with product managers, analysts, and Data Scientists to gain insight on our client experience as well as build machine learning applications that improve those experiences. As part of Data engineering team this person will also support various client facing experiences like gartner.com website as well as other engagement applications like email. The ideal candidate will be someone who have hands on experience building and maintaining data platforms, AI/ML models and services. They will have experience capturing, storing, and processing both structured and unstructured data using different tools and technologies.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience in software development, with 2-3 years ideally in a lead capacity
- Experience in Data engineering and using Big Data tools like EMR and Spark.
- Experience building data models, infrastructure and ETL pipelines for reporting, analytics, and data science
- Experience in developing and consuming web services
- Experience in Python, pyspark, pandas, jupyter / EMR notebooks and statistical analysis packages (pandas/numpy) is preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (AWS) and services (EMR, EMR notebooks /studio, Sagemaker, AWS personalize, AWS lambda, Elasticache etc. )
- Experience with databases technologies (Relational, NoSQL, etc ). This should include building and managing scalable data models.
- Strong knowledge of integration technologies (SOA, REST, XML, HTTP, etc )
- Experience working in different programming languages (SQL, PLSQL, Java, python, etc )
- Demonstrable experience innovating with technology
- Should have significant experience working directly with Business users in problem solving
- Ability to lead and execute a mix of small/medium sized projects simultaneously
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/ security, cloud and other development teams).
- Ability to pick up Gartner domain knowledge quickly
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Should be able to interact well with both internal associates and external clients in resolving operational issues.
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule
- Identify systemic operational issues and resolve them
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:60949
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Public Trust: NoneRequisition Type: RegularSummary:The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for engineering teams’ processes to ensure our products are free from security vulnerabilities. Design, deploy, operate, and.
SageSure is seeking a Catastrophe Research Analyst who has a focus in climate science and catastrophe modeling to join our Catastrophe Risk Research and Development team. In this position, you will be focused on staying current on the latest climate.
DomainTools is seeking a Senior Integrations Engineer to work in a position dedicated to the integration of our data and systems into other security products. As an Integrations Engineer, you’ll build and extend a suite of software projects ranging from.
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized.
Description:Who we areBrightly, the global leader in intelligent asset management solutions, enables organizations to transform the performance of their assets. Brightly’s sophisticated cloud-based platform leverages more than 20 years of data to deliver.