Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
You’ll be a key contributor supporting the GDMS network environment such as routers, switches, circuits, firewalls, wireless, intrusion prevention devices, etc. As the Sr Advanced IT Network Specialist, you’ll implement, support, monitor, and troubleshoot network issues being physical or virtual network infrastructure components and coordinate with team members and/or vendors. We’ll ask that you participate as an active team member and to be knowledgeable within the different elements of the networking environment.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- A key contributor supporting the GDMS network environment such as routers, switches, circuits, firewalls,wireless, intrusion prevention devices, etc.
- Implements/Supports/Monitors/Troubleshoots network issues being physical or virtual network infrastructure components and coordinates with team members and/or vendors
- Participates as an active team member to be knowledgeable within the different elements of the networking environment
- Monitors and supports production network environment and ensures all processes are performed
- Is a subject matter expert (SME) in at least one discipline/field and possesses some working knowledge in multiple adjacent disciplines/fields
- Identifies and implements required performance metrics to pro-actively eliminate or correct potential problems
- Translates and documents customer requirements to be delivered within a project
- Provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems
- Begins to provide mentoring to less experience IT personnel
- Maintains depth of knowledge and experience in a single network domain and fully understands process applications within domain of expertise
- Expanding knowledge to an expert working level of a second network domain and the interconnections within the enterprise
- Continues to broaden understanding of the interrelationships within the enterprise networking environment with focus on interrelationships
- Participates in planning and execution of small to moderate size project tasks or small projects
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles within two network domains
- Provide Leadership in network automation using platforms like Ansible, Terraform or other provisioning applications
- Proficient in Python, Perl, PHP or other programming languages
- Moderately able to manage disagreements in ways that preserve good relations and the open exploration of different alternatives
- Utilizes skill set to help less experienced team members adapt
- Holds ownership and initiative on assignments
- May provide work direction to other team members
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Lean-Agile mindset Demonstrates the understanding and familiarity with the Lean-Agile mindset
- Lean-Agile principles and practices (includes DevSecOps, Scurm, SAFe, and Kanban) Lean-Agile principles and practices (includes DevSecOps, Scurm, SAFe, and Kanban)
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
NOTE: This role can be supported remotely via telecommute.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Public Trust: NoneRequisition Type: RegularSummary:The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for engineering teams’ processes to ensure our products are free from security vulnerabilities. Design, deploy, operate, and.
SageSure is seeking a Catastrophe Research Analyst who has a focus in climate science and catastrophe modeling to join our Catastrophe Risk Research and Development team. In this position, you will be focused on staying current on the latest climate.
DomainTools is seeking a Senior Integrations Engineer to work in a position dedicated to the integration of our data and systems into other security products. As an Integrations Engineer, you’ll build and extend a suite of software projects ranging from.
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized.
Job Title: Python Automation developerLocation: RemoteDuration: ContractJOB DESCRIPTION: Couple of points:Need to write code at the time of interview.Candidate should have extensive hands-on on PythonCandidate should be ready to write the codeCandidate.
More jobs by this company
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience.CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:Department.
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, information technology, engineering, or scientific field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant.