Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength.
They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation’s most critical challenges.
We are seeking a Sr. Server Engineer to join or DoL Job Corps Data Center team. Will support over 1500 servers, serving over 50,000 users in a 24x7x365 environment. Will interact with developers, other systems engineers, managers, help desk, end users etc. Will participate in backup recoveries, upgrades, new deployments, change requests and ongoing day to day activities. Work hours will typically be Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM CST, will be required to work on occasion after hours and on weekends in person and remotely.
Clearance: None Responsibilities:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all that BE has to offer. When you join BE, you become an integral part of our team. Not just an employee number, but a valued opinion with a voice that carries and drives change and innovation. You’ll have access to some of the most well-respected IT industry leaders in virtually every field and learn new tools and techniques while expanding your knowledge and skillset. We’re dedicated to helping you develop your career, and our culture applauds outside-the-box thinking and initiative. Our employee-focused leadership team knows that your success is our success and empowers employees with the necessary tools to excel. Join us as we continue to move the future forward, together.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade Windows and Unix environments
- Test and document system prior to deployment
- Be available to respond to the needs of a 24x7x365 environment
- Document system requirements, configurations, procedures, changes, incidents, and problem resolutions
- Mitigate security breaches in progress
- Monitoring and managing servers 24/7/365 level uptime
- Take part in Disaster Recovery planning
- Ability to troubleshoot independently
- Eight (8)+ years of recent experience in a Systems Administrator role
- Graduated from an accredited four-year college or university. Related work experience may substitute for education requirement on a year-for-year basis
- Must possess experience with automation scripting languages (i.e. Powershell or Python)
A successful candidate should have years of experience in 4 out of 7 technologies:
- Citrix Apps and Desktop
- Vmware vCenter with SRM experience
- Nutanix AHV
- Active Directory experience in an enterprise experience (experience with all 3: DNS, Group Policy, ADFS)
- PKI On Premise or PKI as a service in an enterprise experience
- Tanium/Big Fix
- Backup methodology (needs to be able to create backup policies, restore data, add workstations to policies) Cohesity or Rubrik (we do not use Rubrik but I believe it is the closest competitor and would require the least amount of time to train)
Must have one of the following certifications:
- Certified Professional - VMware
- Citrix Certified Associate - Virtual
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator
- VMware Certified Professional
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer–Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Public Trust: NoneRequisition Type: RegularSummary:The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for engineering teams’ processes to ensure our products are free from security vulnerabilities. Design, deploy, operate, and.
SageSure is seeking a Catastrophe Research Analyst who has a focus in climate science and catastrophe modeling to join our Catastrophe Risk Research and Development team. In this position, you will be focused on staying current on the latest climate.
DomainTools is seeking a Senior Integrations Engineer to work in a position dedicated to the integration of our data and systems into other security products. As an Integrations Engineer, you’ll build and extend a suite of software projects ranging from.
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized.
Job Title: Python Automation developerLocation: RemoteDuration: ContractJOB DESCRIPTION: Couple of points:Need to write code at the time of interview.Candidate should have extensive hands-on on PythonCandidate should be ready to write the codeCandidate.
Data analytics and reporting related to payment acceptance is a key strategic pillar required to deliver WEX Payment Delivery business objectives. The Technical Engineer position, as part of the Product Operations team, is a critical role in the revenue-driving.
New opportunity with a National Integrated Marketing Agency: We are seeking an experienced Statistician. What brings us together is our mission to be an indispensable business partner to ambitious brands by driving growth and inspiring change, we hope.
Why CompuCom? (Overview):As a Capability Center Architect, you will work in a Cloud Architect role with Capability Center product managers, solution architects, Delivery Center Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), business stakeholders, account teams, sales,.
At Instructure, we believe in the power of education to improve the lives of learners and educators. Our goal is to expand that power by creating products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships between teachers.