August 06, 2022 - Remote
Location: This position can be fully Remote in the United States or Canada. This role works with a 100% remote team, across multiple time-zones.
Who You Are
Are you interested in digging through an endless supply of data to find malicious actors and improve security products in Cisco’s portfolio?
Join the SecureX Threat Hunting team where you will review hunt cases, evaluate current hunts, generate new hunts, and research new threats. If you want to be able to protect millions from malware, fraud, phishing attacks, and future threats, this is your opportunity. Seeking a Senior Software Engineer/Software Development/Architect level with added experience in database and ETL.
What You Will Do
- Guide large architectural changes as we scale to improve our engineering velocity
- Work on our REST API that supports integration and services
- Responsible for the estimation, design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Able to complete sophisticated feature development tasks
- Integrate data sets from security solutions within the Cisco portfolio (AMP, Orbital, and more)
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists to evolve the threat hunting platform
- Perform code review, design documentation, and GitLab/Github ticket tracking
- Design, code, configure, unit test, maintain, and document software work using agreed upon standards and tools
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques, where practical
- Responsibilities include working with the business operations teams, and other multifunctional partners to drive compliance and key operational initiatives
- You will be responsible for teamwork and communication with various teams as needed
- Proficient in Python3
- Proficient developing Django web applications and services
- Proficient with Elasticsearch and Python-based Elasticsearch coding
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Proficient with Database technologies including PostgreSQL
- Strong solid understanding of HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience working with source control using Git
- Experience using/building web services and RESTful APIs (Swagger)
- Understanding of modern operational processes & concerns for web applications (Deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- APIs and pushing/pulling data
- Experience with data visualization (D3, R, Jupyter notebooks, Plotly, etc.)
- Solid grasp of software architecture
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues
- Attention to Detail
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. Our People Are The Heart of Cisco.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We see inclusion and diversity as essential to fueling the power of connection. Learn about inclusion and collaboration in action at Cisco. Diversity, Inclusion and Collaboration at Cisco.
Benefits and Perks
We strive to keep our teams happy and healthy. Many roles have the option to be Remote or Hybrid. Cisco provides competitive pay, excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, 20 days of paid time off plus holidays, support for parents and paid time to volunteer. View the benefits overview. Benefits and Perks - Cisco.
Join us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Public Trust: NoneRequisition Type: RegularSummary:The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for engineering teams’ processes to ensure our products are free from security vulnerabilities. Design, deploy, operate, and.
SageSure is seeking a Catastrophe Research Analyst who has a focus in climate science and catastrophe modeling to join our Catastrophe Risk Research and Development team. In this position, you will be focused on staying current on the latest climate.
DomainTools is seeking a Senior Integrations Engineer to work in a position dedicated to the integration of our data and systems into other security products. As an Integrations Engineer, you’ll build and extend a suite of software projects ranging from.
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized.
Job Title: Python Automation developerLocation: RemoteDuration: ContractJOB DESCRIPTION: Couple of points:Need to write code at the time of interview.Candidate should have extensive hands-on on PythonCandidate should be ready to write the codeCandidate.
More jobs by this company
August 06, 2022 - RemoteThis position is fully Remote in the United States.Who You’ll Work With:The Threat Research team is a multinational group of security researchers. We invent novel approaches to detecting phishing and malware attacks and other.
August 06, 2022 - RemoteLocation: This position can be fully Remote in the United States.The Talos Detection Response Team creates network and endpoint signatures that are distributed world-wide to multiple products in Cisco’s security portfolio and.