Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for engineering teams’ processes to ensure our products are free from security vulnerabilities. Design, deploy, operate, and maintain secure Cloud products and services within a Cloud-based environment to enable development teams to deliver features in the most efficient way possible. Develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions and CI/CD pipelines; supporting and developing software team. In addition, the Senior Software Engineer will lead a team of developers responsible for building new and supporting existing websites.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Works with a team of developers, data engineers and data scientists to create web applications to collect and manage data in support of Internet and social media activities
- Participates in Agile project management methodologies to support all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Works within a team environment using Confluence, Jira and Slack to manage, assign and collaborate on work tasks
- Develops Web applications in Ruby on Rails or Django/Python on Linux and deployed in AWS using MySQL and RedShift databases
- Reviews projects’ ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate
- Supports database engineering by providing Python support using AWS Lambda
- Builds and operates scalable and secure systems on AWS
- Develops, implements, communicates, and enforces security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring and reporting
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments to verify systems are being operated securely and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans, including user accounts, application access, file system, and external Web applications
- Reviews code for security and compliance with coding standards
- Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Assists with implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls
- Conducts investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
- Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation; Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Prepares incident reports
- Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws
- Responsible for DevSecOps of project applications supporting the customer
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience. (Additional Education, Training, Certifications or Work Experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree or work experience.
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance; current DoD Secret clearance preferred
The likely salary range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About this Role: Andela is fully committed to delivering the right services and talent to the clients we serve. We provide our clients with remote IT engineers and leaders through managed services, outcome based projects and partially or fully integrated.
Remote, Europe (CEST)Along our challenge-full & growth-oriented journey, we are looking for an experienced and talented Python developer to strengthen our teams.Your missionImprove and collaborate on an existing Python 3 / Django (DRF) codebaseTackle.
Merritt Island, FL, USWe are integrating an application called "Fluid Designer". It is a 3D design application for cabinet manufactures which is based on an original customization by Microvellum . We have a need for a Python Programmer that can also.
Headquarters: New York, NY URL: https://clevertech.bizExperience Remote done Right. Over 20 years of remote experience, all 500+ staff are 100% remote and we still grow vibrant relationships, provide exceptional opportunities for career growth while.
As a Python Developer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to help global brands and federal agencies solve challenging problems through innovative technology solutions. Work on exciting projects, future-proof your skills, and grow.