Job Title: Data Engineer (Python & Azure)
Job Location: Madison, Wisconsin (Remote)
Job Duration: Full-Time
- The Data Engineer III sits at the intersection of software engineering and data warehousing. The Data Engineer III is responsible for the design, development and delivery of data pipelines and value-added data assets across the Client's data ecosystem, leveraging a variety of data warehousing methodologies and disciplines.
- The Data Engineer III primarily designs, builds and maintains these data assets utilizing cloud-based technologies such as Azure and Databricks. Emphasizing agility, partnership, and cross-functional teamwork, the Data Engineer III executes initiatives throughout the product lifecycle.
- The Data Engineer III works closely with data scientists, machine learning engineers, analytic consultants, and other colleagues to build or enhance robust systems with embedded artificial intelligence and data science. Initiatives will often be of significant complexity and risk.
- The Data Engineer III develops trusted advisor relationships with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders across the enterprise.
The individual will define and develop components across multiple layers of the data ecosystem including:
- Ingestion of data from a multitude of source systems
- Modeled data assets derived from source system data to provide additional value
- Appropriate data segmentation rules and other data security measures
- Analytic data assets such as data marts that facilitate delivery of an analytic solution and/or the release of data to external entities
The Data Engineer III possesses advanced technical data engineering expertise. The Data Engineer III executes differentiated or expert solutions in a known or ambiguous body of work. The Data Engineer III defines the technical work in one or more areas of expertise. The Data Engineer III leads team level projects & initiatives to drive value delivered to the organization. The Data Engineer III improves processes and methodologies used across multiple projects and solutions.
The Data Engineer III plays a leadership role within Enterprise Analytics, leading improvement teams to enhance performance of the department, and serves as a mentor to other Data Engineers and other colleagues. The Data Engineer III works closely with employees and leaders across Client's Group and Client's partners.
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Data Science or related field. (Four years relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement)
- Preferred: Master's degree in Healthcare, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Data Science or related field.
§ Demonstrated success in designing, developing, implementing, testing, and operating large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures and other purpose-built data stores for analytics, reporting, machine learning, and data science with low technical debt
§ Demonstrated success building robust, scalable, reliable data pipelines of high complexity
§ Demonstrated success automating and/or continually improving ongoing data pipelines and reporting and analysis processes
§ Demonstrated success prescribing technical designs and solutions when approached with an ambiguous problem or need
§ Demonstrated success leading and coordinating cross-functional delivery teams to achieve desired outcomes within Enterprise Analytics
§ Demonstrated success teaching and mentoring by contributing experience and insight to the team
§ Five (5) years of relevant data warehousing or ETL development experience in healthcare (provider or payor)
§ Three (3) years of experience with Epic Cogito technologies (e.g. Epic Clarity, Epic Caboodle) or other data warehousing and data transformation technologies (e.g. Azure, Databricks, Informatica, etc).
§ Project management experience, including agile methods
Licenses & Certifications
- Preferred: Epic certifications in Cogito or any other subject area
Relevant certifications related to data warehousing concepts and technologies, ETL development, or other pertinent areas of analytics.
Relevant certifications to agile methodologies, ITIL, process improvement, lean management, or other related activities.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Remote, Europe (CEST)Along our challenge-full & growth-oriented journey, we are looking for an experienced and talented Python developer to strengthen our teams.Your missionImprove and collaborate on an existing Python 3 / Django (DRF) codebaseTackle.
Merritt Island, FL, USWe are integrating an application called "Fluid Designer". It is a 3D design application for cabinet manufactures which is based on an original customization by Microvellum . We have a need for a Python Programmer that can also.
Headquarters: New York, NY URL: https://clevertech.bizExperience Remote done Right. Over 20 years of remote experience, all 500+ staff are 100% remote and we still grow vibrant relationships, provide exceptional opportunities for career growth while.
As a Python Developer, you will use cutting edge cloud and data technologies to help global brands and federal agencies solve challenging problems through innovative technology solutions. Work on exciting projects, future-proof your skills, and grow.
Get a remote job that you will love with better compensation and career growth.We’re Lemon.io — a marketplace where we match you with hand-picked startups from the US and Europe. Why work with us:We’ll find you a team that respects you. No time-trackers.