Strategy & Operations Developer
Simatree is actively looking for an experienced Strategy and Operations Developer to provide analytical support to our client through automation, application development, and application maintenance services. The role will focus on analyzing stakeholder data to provide historical and real-time evaluation of a government agency’s internal metrics.
There are several existing models and dashboards that may require maintenance, enhancements, and migration to different tech stacks. These systems require knowledge of VBA, Python programming (including Pandas, Numpy, BeautifulSOup), Databricks, SQL, GitHub, and BI tools (Tableau, Qlik).
The Strategy & Operations Developer shall:
- Manage data collection and transformation from federal law enforcement and other databases to be used in a wide spectrum of analyses including statistical modeling, performance metrics analysis, crosschecking data with other federal agencies, and risk analysis.
- Develop, test, and deploy new statistical models according to agency needs. This would require skills in predictive modeling, forecasting, machine learning, deep learning, multi-classification, risk analysis and ETL (extract, transform and load) for data pre-processing.
- Using Python and associated notebooks such as Anaconda, VS Code, or Jupyter Notebooks, the Strategy & Operations Analyst shall visualize the results of data analysis and reporting to be of optimal value and coherence to leadership.
- Seek new data sets which would enhance the accuracy of existing models and dashboards.
- Develop and test new methodologies and algorithms which would increase the efficiency and accuracy of existing models, including pilot deployments of deep learning and artificial intelligence algorithms focused on multi-objective optimization and decision-making systems.
- Be responsible for writing reports that explain the results of data modeling and analysis in a clear, succinct way that will provide actionable or otherwise useable information to leadership.
- Maintain organized historical/archival files for code, data, reports and presentations on platforms such as GitHub, shared drives, and SharePoint.
- Contribute to leadership’s ability to complete strategic decision making.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Because of the nature of the government contract that this position supports, US Citizenship is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in data management and analysis.
- Demonstrable experience using and understanding data science and machine learning models.
- Strong foundation in mathematics, linear algebra, and statistics.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management lifecycles.
- Specific application/language ability levels:
- VBA scripting and Data Analysis – Advanced
- Python (Pandas, Numpy, BeautifulSoup) – Intermediate
- SQL scripting, working with enterprise/cloud databases (OBIEE, Databricks) – Intermediate
- Version Control (GitHub) – Intermediate
- IDE and notebook familiarity (VS Code, Anaconda) – Intermediate
- Ability to write efficient code and thorough documentation
- Strong organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor messages based on intended audience (e.g., explaining a concept to a business-oriented external stakeholder vs. technical documentation of that concept for internal use).
- Experience working with a federal agency providing similar services and support.
- MA/MS degree in statistics, computer science, or related field.
- DHS (or component agency) suitability
Simatree is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We offer competitive benefits including health insurance, 401k, unlimited PTO and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- This position directly supports a US Government contract that requires US Citizenship. Are you a US Citizen?
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered.
Headquarters: Washington DC URL: https://cofense.comLocation- US, RemoteCompany Culture: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/cofenseCompany & Products: https://cofense.com/product-overviewCofense was founded by information security experts, with decades.
Why Mayo ClinicMayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative,.
Great Expectations’ mission is to revolutionize the speed and integrity of data collaboration. Our software platform, Great Expectations is the leading open source tool for data testing, documentation, and profiling. Data teams all over the world use.
Greetings from Techintelli Solutions, IncThis is regarding a job opportunity that could benefit to you.We are hiring OPT, H4 EAD/L2 EAD, Green card and citizensTechintelli will provide professional training by one of the top trainers from the industry..
Title: Advanced Analyst / Advanced Data AnalystLocation : SFO, CA (Remote)Duration: 6+ monthsRemoteThe JobTrust Experience and Analytics team is looking for a data analyst with a strong delivery record of working with several data sources for identifying,.
Job DescriptionThe primary focus of the Snowflake developer will be collaborating on the design and development of a modern data platform in Snowflake on AWS.The Snowflake developer will take end-to-end ownership of their code in support of Power BI.
Job Title: DB/PostgreSQL DeveloperJob Location: Whippany, NJ (2-3 days a week Tues-Thursday, remote to start)Key Technology: Database, PostgreSQLJob Responsibilities: Analysis, design, coding, performance tuning, migration of data and implementation.
At The Chefs’ Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of top quality and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products..
KanBTech has an exciting opportunity for a client in the financial domain. Below are the job details.Qualifications:3+ years of software development and engineering experience. Proficient in designing, building solutions using data processing and object.